Bongo hunting

horsedr

Reaction score
I am in the beginning stages of looking for a bongo hunt in '23 or '24. There is not much data out there. I have communicated with Congo Forest Safaris and at least know about Mayo Oldiri. Clearly, with the cost, I don't want to make a serious mistake. Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

I hunted with Northern Operations Africa and could not be happier. My PH Peter Wood and I had a great Safari and I got an old ancient Bungo on day two.
46950048_Unknown.JPG

Doesn't Christophe Morio do bongo also ? He used to be a sponsor here- maybe still is

Doesn't Christophe Morio do bongo also ? He used to be a sponsor here- maybe still is

Yes is

I am in the beginning stages of looking for a bongo hunt in '23 or '24. There is not much data out there. I have communicated with Congo Forest Safaris and at least know about Mayo Oldiri. Clearly, with the cost, I don't want to make a serious mistake. Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

Following this thread- starting my research too!

I know this is several months old but I’m following as well.

You can hunt bongo with us in C.A.R

D654FF3E-CF9E-40D8-9F87-76F6AF63774A.jpeg

The bongo is the most beautiful animal on earth in my opinion. I had to have one. Things have changed since I went five years ago. Good luck on your search. Make sure to be as prepared as possible for the heat and humidity.

I have spent 61 days in the forest hunting at least half of that with just me and the pygmies. I would be glad to give you some helpful information. I hunt and spend all year in the woods in Louisiana which is harder than the Cameroon forest.

The bongo is the most beautiful animal on earth in my opinion. I had to have one. Things have changed since I went five years ago. Good luck on your search. Make sure to be as prepared as possible for the heat and humidity.
Things have changed....for better or worse?

Mayo Oldiri is a wise choice. Congratulations

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois