Bongo hunting

horsedr

Reaction score
I am in the beginning stages of looking for a bongo hunt in '23 or '24. There is not much data out there. I have communicated with Congo Forest Safaris and at least know about Mayo Oldiri. Clearly, with the cost, I don't want to make a serious mistake. Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

Hunting Hitman

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I hunted with Northern Operations Africa and could not be happier. My PH Peter Wood and I had a great Safari and I got an old ancient Bungo on day two.
46950048_Unknown.JPG

buck wild

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI Brush Country Chapter
Hunted
Kalahari; Limpopo; Omay, Zimbabwe; Mexico; Texas; New Mexico; Colorado
Doesn't Christophe Morio do bongo also ? He used to be a sponsor here- maybe still is

horsedr

Reaction score
Doesn't Christophe Morio do bongo also ? He used to be a sponsor here- maybe still is

Yes is

rinehart0050

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Zimbabwe (Omay), New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo, Eastern Cape); USA (NE, NC, MD, AZ, TX)
I am in the beginning stages of looking for a bongo hunt in '23 or '24. There is not much data out there. I have communicated with Congo Forest Safaris and at least know about Mayo Oldiri. Clearly, with the cost, I don't want to make a serious mistake. Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

Following this thread- starting my research too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pureverags

Latest profile posts

NTH wrote on JimT's profile.
Hey Jim, I read that you’re from Dequincey and just returned from Africa. I’m from Lake Charles and went there in April. What outfitter did you use and would you share your experience and pics? I won our trip to Kuche through DU.
gprippers wrote on SAFARIKIDD's profile.
Hello! Nice rifle! I have IDENTICAL rifle in 375 H&H so i was wondering what gunsmith did the work on it? Appreciate it and if you decide there is anything you are willing to take in partial trade, let me know. I have quite a few pistols, long guns and sxs & o/u shotguns as well.

Let me know if you are looking for anything in particular.

Thanks,
Rob
Bearhunter46 wrote on Philip Glass's profile.
Philip, do you still have the 416 for sale?
NTH wrote on Rick HOlbert's profile.
Nice “meeting” you Rick. I made my first trip to S. Africa this year through Kuche Safaris. We had an incredible time. What outfitter do you use? Neal
LIFE-FORM TAXIDERMY World Leader In Superior Taxidermy Since 1981

taxidermy-south-africa.jpg