Blaser R8 Ultimate Recoil Absorption System-- does it work and where to buy one?

albravo

AH senior member
Reaction score
I have an R8 Ultimate in the mail. One of the reasons I went with the Ultimate is the availability of the Recoil Absorption System. I definitely won't need it with the 6.5cm barrel the gun arrives with but my ambition is to build an Africa battery and at .375 or larger I can imagine some utility. The gun won't be light, but it won't be heavy either.

I'd love to hear real-world results from people that have tried the recoil absorption system.

I'd also like to know where the heck I can find it sold. Probably user error but I haven't been able to find much info on the dealer network for Canada and the US.

Thank you

Yes it works. I have the ultimate stock. My kids have professional stocks with a kick stop installed.
My ultimate stock with the recoil system is around 9 lbs with the scope (in various configurations) I’d guess it takes 20% of the recoil out, but doesn’t add weight. I’ve used it quite a bit with my .375 barrel. I installed the system right away and have never bothered to remove it. Even shooting a 6.5 CM it is nice. The rifle won’t be heavy, I’ve hunted with rifles in the 7 lb range and I do not prefer it as I find it to be less steady. 2 lbs of rifle weight difference is not noticeable to me when carrying, but definitely shoots better.

I’d check with Cove Creek outfitters in Penn. They can source anything Blaser for you.

Cove Creek didn't seem to have much but I kept refining my google search and found one at EuroOptic.

Thanks for your input.

Cove Creek didn't seem to have much but I kept refining my google search and found one at EuroOptic.

Thanks for your input.
Did you call cove creek? If you didn’t You’ll have to call them. I don’t think their website is updated with everything they have in stock. If they don’t have it, they can get it and usually do so quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoniaMedla

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.