Big Bore Addiction Group

ah that's a good idea Cable68, sorry I didn't understand your initial post. I've been working too much lately... :sleep:

-matt

Here it is Saturday In Tropical Minnesota sitting in the Man cave with a recent 375HH Purchase on my lap Looking thru the Midway/Brownell catalogs Figuring out which New Quick release Rings and Mounts to order,

Here it is Saturday In Tropical Minnesota sitting in the Man cave with a recent 375HH Purchase on my lap Looking thru the Midway/Brownell catalogs Figuring out which New Quick release Rings and Mounts to order,
After all the good things I have read on here, my next QD's are gonna Alaska Arms. Gotta go buy another rifle to justify the rings.....a dam vicious cycle it is!

I don't own any, but a lot of folks on here sure seem to swear by Alaska Arms QD Rings. Worth at least checking them out!

After all the good things I have read on here, my next QD's are gonna Alaska Arms. Gotta go buy another rifle to justify the rings.....a dam vicious cycle it is!

Beat me to it!!!! LOL

I have a Pair mounted on my CZ 550 308, initial set-up takes a little time but the end result is certainly worth the extra effort,,also their service is first class

ive always used Talley rings and ive got no complaints.

-matt

Hello All,

My name is John Moller, I hunt professionally in Tanzania. I have a Braekers 475#2 built in Belgium for P.Oor of London and Rangoon. If anyone has any info on this unusual double rifle I would be very interested to get any. Many thanks!!

Matt85,

You are right and I should not be inviting 9.3 types into your group

That being said, all you 9.3 owners are on the path to destruction but not quite there yet (still not too late to quit now, before your family has to do an intervention).

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

mr VD good to know i am apparently not quite there yet as i have three of those little pipsqueek 9.3s..........:p:D

o_O and whats wrong with us 9.3 types then?????:sneaky:;)

I will be putting myself to the test next weekend; I'm going to the Tulsa gun show. I'm telling myself Im just looking for parts for my 9.3x62 and 7x57 projects, but I'm scared that some seedy dealer will spot me jonesing for a big bore. "Hey need a Lott, maybe a 458 Win Mag. I got whatever you need. Actually you look like you need a Nitro Express, at least a 450/400"

Gotta be careful, I have more than what I need, in fact I'm already needing a bigger safe.

Gotta be careful, I have more than what I need, in fact I'm already needing a bigger safe.

I like how you quickly corrected yourself as to what you actually need - a bigger (or second) safe!

Or a 3rd safe(y)

I went with the bigger safe option, 8'x10'x20' haven't got it finished yet but I'm using a bank safe that I got at auction as the entry way vault door.
image.jpg

^^^

But where will you store your ammo?

^^^

But where will you store your ammo?
Oh, I have a plan for that, I will post pictures of the complete project. Excessive is my middle name! Lol

mr VD good to know i am apparently not quite there yet as i have three of those little pipsqueek 9.3s..........:p:D

o_O and whats wrong with us 9.3 types then?????:sneaky:;)

Hi again Spike.T,

Nothing wrong with 9.3 types.

However, it was Matt85's original post and he put it in the .375 and over category.

So, that line of mine you quoted was simply me correcting my own error of lumping folks in there who have DG rifles but that are nonetheless under .375 inch bore diameter.

I myself am quite fond of the .366 caliber rifles, generally speaking.

I paid through the bloody nose to have a 9.3x62 built to my specifications on a 1950's vintage Model 98 Mauser, 3 position Model 70 safety, shadow line oval cheek piece, sleeved/multiple leaf express sights, flip over/large white front bead, locking/flip over front sight protector, etc., etc.

One of these days I plan to sweet talk my wife into helping me post a photo or two of it, as it is one of my best looking rifles.

Cheerio,
Mr. Velo Doodoo.

I've seen smaller Condos:LOL:

IMG_20141030_235910_047.jpg
My big bores, so far. My Wife's 375 Ruger Guide Gun on top, and my two Winchester M70's, middle one is a 416 Rem Mag, brand new with a Trijicon 1-4 x 24 I've had for a while, in Warn QD's. The bottom is my trusty 375 H & H that was in Africa last April for PG from Duiker to Eland. It's wearing a Leupold VX6 2-12 illuminated, as is the Ruger. Slings are off to pack them for Africa in a few days.

I don't have a problem with the 9.3mm cartridges, I just don't count them as large bore DG cartridges. im sure they could take DG just fine but then again so can the 7x57. technically its not a large bore till its .458" or larger but most people these days accept the .375" as the start of the "large bore" category.

I was originally looking to buy a 35 Whelen when I found the 375 H&H.

-matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JosefaShro

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.