Best scopes out there with German #4 reticle

Backyardsniper

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Looking to find a scope for my 375. I love the German #4 reticle. Probably looking for a 1-6x I think that is probably the best power range for what I'm looking to do. Who out there makes a scope roughly in this power range with the German #4

I have that a Trijicon 1-6 with German #4 on my 375. Love it!

I have seen those. Ran some ACOGs when I was in the army. That was my only experience with trijicon. Good glass though I assume. I may need to look at that. I have an ancient 2.5x fixed Redfield I guess I could use it. Ha ha

Trijicon Accupoint 1-6 x 30mm. Have it on my .416-shoots 1 hole groups. ~$1K. EuroOptic or SWFA. Also the center dot is always lit (no batteries required.)

TR25-C-200083_German4_Crosshair.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
'Just pulled it out of the safe and took a look...that photo of the reticle doesn't do it ANY justice-the crosshairs are quite thin (and the top post is barely visible-the heavy duplex on the other 3 are much longer.) take a look at one in the flesh and I think you'll like it very much!! I went to EuroOptic and looked through everything they had prior to purchasing this (including Kahles, Swaro, S&B, Zeiss, etc. etc.)

Last edited:
Thanks man. I had not thought about that. I may very well give them a call but I was just looking at the trijicon triangle post reticle and I like it a lot. They also have the 1-6 on sale at Midway for $951. Is that a pretty decent price on those?

Thanks man. I had not thought about that. I may very well give them a call but I was just looking at the trijicon triangle post reticle and I like it a lot. They also have the 1-6 on sale at Midway for $951. Is that a pretty decent price on those?
Yes! I got mine as a (show) Demo for $900 years ago. Retail is like $1,100ish. Tell Mr. Potterfield we said Hi (and that He's welcome for our business!) LOL

*Leupold can also write "Jim Shockey" on your scope! Something to think about....

I have a Leupold VX 2 3-9x40 with the German #4 on my Zastava 98, in 9.3x62, and a VX 3i 1.5-5 on my 375 H&H. I quite like the #4 reticle. The crosshairs are thicker than a standard duplex. They don’t affect accuracy in a negative way.

I have a Leupold VX6 with a Euro 4 and Firedot. Really like it. They make this in a 1-6. I also have Lieca 2.5 to 10 illuminated. Like this one as well. It has proven very sturdy...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg