Best scopes out there with German #4 reticle

PaulT

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
S.C.I. International. Rowland Ward. Sporting shooters Association of Australia. Australian Deer Association.
Hunted
Aus. N.Z & Zim.
I recently purchased a GPO (German Precision Optics) V6 1-6 illuminated with the German 4 reticle and am very impressed overall.
Brilliant optics, well manufactured, clear and bright.
It's a 30mm steel tube, so as light as say a 25mm tube alloy scope, if weight is critical.
20200903_161045.jpg

Dwight Beagle

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
US, Mexico and Argentina
Leupold can do a German No. 1 from their custom shop.
I had the Leupold Custom Shop install a German #4 on a VX-3 1.75-6x32 and they did an excellent job. The Leupold Custom Shop has been shut down for over a year though-but they say it’s temporary. Quoting Leupold:

“We are in the process of restructuring the Custom Shop in order to refine and improve our services. As a result, we are not accepting any new custom scope or retrofit orders at this time. To keep up to date with the status of the Leupold Custom Shop, please sign up below.”

I have scopes with #4 reticles from Zeiss, Meopta and Leupold. One is an IR #4. Slight differences in the reticle between companies but I like them all.

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
Looking to find a scope for my 375. I love the German #4 reticle. Probably looking for a 1-6x I think that is probably the best power range for what I'm looking to do. Who out there makes a scope roughly in this power range with the German #4
Leupold. I question the 1-6 however and use a VX6 2-12X on my .375 Ruger.

C.W. Richter

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
PA SCI, Various Endless Mtns., PA Region Clubs
Hunted
Zimbabwe 2x, Namibia 2x, RSA 2x, USA, Canada
The Schmidt Bender #4 works really well. My favourite ret for hunting. FFP , Pic isn't the best but it is a great reticle.View attachment 372618
This i know about FFP scopes vs. the much more popular SFP models....IF you have typical aging eye issues and wear reading glasses, in SFP scopes you may not be able to clearly see the reticle (w/o reading glasses)-even after trying to re-focus it. With the FFP scopes, there is no such issue. ;) It typically happens in dim light...Burris Veracity are also FFP-love 'em!

C.W. Richter

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
PA SCI, Various Endless Mtns., PA Region Clubs
Hunted
Zimbabwe 2x, Namibia 2x, RSA 2x, USA, Canada
Last edited by a moderator:

Backyardsniper

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I'm leaning hard towards the trijicon 1-6 with the triangle post reticle. I have a vortex strike eagle 1-6 on there now for practice. I loaded up some 235gr speer bullets with 80gr of CFE223 which should be yielding about 2900fps. It shoots great, I am highly impressed with this new cz 375. It's my first 375 and the recoil is very manageable and it's quite pleasant to shoot and extremely accurate. I could bang the 400yd plate at will with it using that 6x scope. I may set up a scope with a little more magnification for hunting here at home. I have a set of Talley quick detach rings that should arrive today. I believe I'll whitetail hunt with her here in a couple weeks when season comes in. It'll be nice.to get some actual field time with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richelle55

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

DGGardner wrote on Rare Breed's profile.
I'm sure I am a day late and a dollar short but if the deal on the .416 falls through let me know and I will buy it.
Pondoro wrote on Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
Hello...could you please pm me regarding what species available on this fly-camp offer....can cape buffalo be taken for instance..? Trophy prices..?
matt vejar wrote on kevin masters's profile.
Kevin,
Played rookie league for the Yankees in Paintsville after winning the College World Series at Fullerton State, in1979. All I could think about was the movie “Deliverance”- lived up in a hollow with some other players. Refused to go on a moonshine run because it was a dry county-no way. Met some of the nicest people on the planet there! Van Lear the home of Loretta Lynn was highlight of summer LOL.
Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...