Best scopes out there with German #4 reticle

Backyardsniper

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Looking to find a scope for my 375. I love the German #4 reticle. Probably looking for a 1-6x I think that is probably the best power range for what I'm looking to do. Who out there makes a scope roughly in this power range with the German #4

jasyblood

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club
Hunted
USA, RSA(Limpopo x 4, Eastern Cape x 1, Northern Cape x 1, Northwest x 2), Hungary, Serbia, Zimbabwe
I have that a Trijicon 1-6 with German #4 on my 375. Love it!

Backyardsniper

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I have seen those. Ran some ACOGs when I was in the army. That was my only experience with trijicon. Good glass though I assume. I may need to look at that. I have an ancient 2.5x fixed Redfield I guess I could use it. Ha ha

C.W. Richter

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
PA SCI, Various Endless Mtns., PA Region Clubs
Hunted
Zimbabwe 2x, Namibia 2x, RSA 2x, USA, Canada
Trijicon Accupoint 1-6 x 30mm. Have it on my .416-shoots 1 hole groups. ~$1K. EuroOptic or SWFA. Also the center dot is always lit (no batteries required.)

TR25-C-200083_German4_Crosshair.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

C.W. Richter

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
'Just pulled it out of the safe and took a look...that photo of the reticle doesn't do it ANY justice-the crosshairs are quite thin (and the top post is barely visible-the heavy duplex on the other 3 are much longer.) take a look at one in the flesh and I think you'll like it very much!! I went to EuroOptic and looked through everything they had prior to purchasing this (including Kahles, Swaro, S&B, Zeiss, etc. etc.)

Last edited:

Backyardsniper

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Thanks man. I had not thought about that. I may very well give them a call but I was just looking at the trijicon triangle post reticle and I like it a lot. They also have the 1-6 on sale at Midway for $951. Is that a pretty decent price on those?

C.W. Richter

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
Thanks man. I had not thought about that. I may very well give them a call but I was just looking at the trijicon triangle post reticle and I like it a lot. They also have the 1-6 on sale at Midway for $951. Is that a pretty decent price on those?
Yes! I got mine as a (show) Demo for $900 years ago. Retail is like $1,100ish. Tell Mr. Potterfield we said Hi (and that He's welcome for our business!) LOL

C.W. Richter

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
*Leupold can also write "Jim Shockey" on your scope! Something to think about....

LiegeRiver

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, B&C, NAHC, RMEF, APOS
Hunted
Canada, USA
I have a Leupold VX 2 3-9x40 with the German #4 on my Zastava 98, in 9.3x62, and a VX 3i 1.5-5 on my 375 H&H. I quite like the #4 reticle. The crosshairs are thicker than a standard duplex. They don’t affect accuracy in a negative way.

Rick Cox

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Armstrong Fish and Game Club
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, British Colombia Ca.
I have a Leupold VX6 with a Euro 4 and Firedot. Really like it. They make this in a 1-6. I also have Lieca 2.5 to 10 illuminated. Like this one as well. It has proven very sturdy...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcelaDoa

Latest profile posts

Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.
Lkhntr wrote on Warpig602's profile.
On the vx6 2-12 what does the zl2 stand for?

Thanks, Oliver
bowjijohn wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Many thanks for re formatting my article for the forum

I served my time in both the bush and during the bush war

I hope it did it justice

Education is where it is at - without it the wild places are history

You - sir - are well placed to make a difference

J
Good morning friends

i‘ve taken to heart a suggestion to tell my story about a lion hunt 37 years ago. ‘I don’t know, but am thinking there are site rules as to posting and file type. Three of the four posts (chapters?) are done, I took time away from here to write up the story. I have a couple of photos too.

also, I’m going to dissemble the rifles and see if Butch may have signed them. I’ll let you know.