Best Outfitter for Nyala Spot and Stalk?

I’d go with Tyrone Milne at Chumlet Safaris as I just hunted with him last month and if you want a pure free range spot and stalk he’d be the best I’ve hunted with. I hunted with Crusader Safaris and took a good one there almost 27” at Umkomass river camp, also free range. The reason I like Chumlet better is the terrain is more open, Umkomass much thicker vegetation. Either place gonna have a great hunt!View attachment 570051View attachment 570052
Top Crusader Safaris 26.75 and 7.5”bases bottom Tyrone Milne -Chumlet Safaris 28” and 8.5”.They’re close enough you could hunt both places for 5 days each and shoot two good ones!!!
Hi Matt,
Did you see any Bushbuck while hunting your Nyala?

In KZN Gary Kelly Safaris. You are not an outfitter for 50 years for no good reasons. He is the oldest outfitter in SA, as the first PHs in RSA were appointed by KZN Wildlife, namely Gary Kelly, Ian Goss, Tony Tomlinson and Paul Phelen to see if the industry was viable.

Also Hans Vermaak from Coenraad Vermaak Safaris. I’m speaking under correction, but think Coenraad was also part of the initial group appointed. Some have since passed away, but there are no better free range concessions in KZN, as those operated by Gary Kelly and Hans Vermaak.

As has been said many times, KZN is great for Nyala. I would without a doubt recommend Leeukop Safaris. I’ve hunted there multiple times for the last few years. Huge expanses of land with great scenery. Some of the biggest Nyala in the world come out of there and is a place I would guarantee you would see 27” plus. Whether you get one is obviously not something that can be guaranteed. I shot a 28”+ bull 2 years ago and a 31 3/8” bull this year, as attached below. In the year I shot the first bull, my dad shot a 30” and my friend a 31.5”. All walk and stalk.

As has been said many times, KZN is great for Nyala. I would without a doubt recommend Leeukop Safaris. I’ve hunted there multiple times for the last few years. Huge expanses of land with great scenery. Some of the biggest Nyala in the world come out of there and is a place I would guarantee you would see 27” plus. Whether you get one is obviously not something that can be guaranteed. I shot a 28”+ bull 2 years ago and a 31 3/8” bull this year, as attached below. In the year I shot the first bull, my dad shot a 30” and my friend a 31.5”. All walk and stalk.

The Landmans also run an excellent free range outfit. Kemp doesn’t hunt that often any more, but Mfanas is a good PH, as is Steph Cloete from Lloyd Safaris who does most of the hunting there.

The Landmans also run an excellent free range outfit. Kemp doesn’t hunt that often any more, but Mfanas is a good PH, as is Steph Cloete from Lloyd Safaris who does most of the hunting there.

He’s too busy chasing boys away from his daughters.

Hi Matt,
Did you see any Bushbuck while hunting your Nyala?
Sabena1,
He has a concession by the Drakensburg Mtn where he hunts bushbuck. I am going there in May. We saw some females where we hunted Nyala but no bucks. He said he has exclusive rights at that property. Anyways I have a feeling it’s like the common reedbuck property where in a day or two you’re gonna find something special. I’m gonna find out!!!

The Landmans also run an excellent free range outfit. Kemp doesn’t hunt that often any more, but Mfanas is a good PH, as is Steph Cloete from Lloyd Safaris who does most of the hunting there
You’re 100% right!

And owning a .550 Magnum helps with that…
I compared my 450 Rigby round to his 550 Magnum in April. That thing is a beast, but I don’t imagine it’s too fun to shoot or carry through the bush when hunting buff either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex964

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?