Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
I am partial to good wood on a gun stock, and whether actually seeing it in person, or seeing a photo you just know - that is spectacular. So whether it is your own stock, or someone who has posted a pic on AH that needs to be recollected, lets see what you have.

Here is one from Westley Richards, I just love the tortoiseshell effect:
54256293-14F1-4707-9081-0CF371BE4C3A.jpeg

I am partial to good wood on a gun stock, and whether actually seeing it in person, or seeing a photo you just know - that is spectacular. So whether it is your own stock, or someone who has posted a pic on AH that needs to be recollected, lets see what you have.

Here is one from Westley Richards, I just love the tortoiseshell effect:
View attachment 535098
I could be wrong but this looks like the tiger wood effect that WR likes to use. I almost got my Rigby refurbished in tiger wood due to its beautiful look but once again the London Rigby shop talked me out of it and I chose their grade 8 historical wood

I could be wrong but this looks like the tiger wood effect that WR likes to use. I almost got my Rigby refurbished in tiger wood due to its beautiful look but once again the London Rigby shop talked me out of it and I chose their grade 8 historical wood
Grade 8 historical wood, I want to see that!

A little retro for sure :) but the figure in this stock has always caught my eye, especially considering its origin and purpose. It's on an original 7mm M1895 Chilean Mauser I picked up several years ago in unfired condition with crest intact and no import marks.

M1895 Chilean Mauser 2.jpg

Grade 8 historical wood, I want to see that!
I will be posting pictures when the gun is finished. To be clear, I did not buy the stock from Rigby…I just looked through their different grades then ordered one in a grade 8 from a company in the US. I will tell you grades of wood stock blanks has a lot of Art versus Science in it in my opinion. The Rigby HS standard is a beautiful grade 5

I'm biased, but this is a favorite. This is the best stock I own. Sako 85 Deluxe from the custom shop with high grade Turkish walnut and handrubbed finish. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it!

20220603_203036 (1).jpg
20220603_203305 (1).jpg
20220603_203719 (1).jpg

A little retro for sure :) but the figure in this stock has always caught my eye, especially considering its origin and purpose. It's on an original 7mm M1895 Chilean Mauser I picked up several years ago in unfired condition with crest intact and no import marks.

View attachment 535143
That's very cool, and what a find!

Kevin, A while back you posted a thread with some pictures of your very attractive significant other. I was genuinely surprised. With all your threads about what’s the best looking rifle, cartridge, stock, etc, I was certain you had simply spent way too much time alone in the bush. Lol.

I’m pretty proud of the walnut I picked out for my Kreighoff shotgun.

EE769524-9124-4622-AF95-12810012E88B.jpeg

Kevin, A while back you posted a thread with some pictures of your very attractive significant other. I was genuinely surprised. With all your threads about what’s the best looking rifle, cartridge, stock, etc, I was certain you had simply spent way too much time alone in the bush. Lol.

I’m pretty proud of the walnut I picked out for my Kreighoff shotgun.

View attachment 535155
Your stock is great Sureshot. I will tell her that she earns positive comments from my hunting exploits!

I also have a soft spot for beautiful wooden stocks...

CZ550 .375H&H (factory wood, reshaped by Morkel & Crouse):
375.jpg

404Jeff:
404.jpg

Beretta 486:
Beretta.jpg

Krieghoff K80:
I know grain direction is not perfect, however I really like the look of it and have trust in Krieghoff's quality. A new Kick-Eez pad was installed after Sabi Rifles messed up the one in the photo.
Krieghoff1.jpg

Krieghoff2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg