Best looking stock

Kevin Peacocke

AH ambassador
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
6,685
Reaction score
25,364
Location
Harare Zimbabwe
Media
111
Articles
2
Hunting reports
Africa
5
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
I am partial to good wood on a gun stock, and whether actually seeing it in person, or seeing a photo you just know - that is spectacular. So whether it is your own stock, or someone who has posted a pic on AH that needs to be recollected, lets see what you have.

Here is one from Westley Richards, I just love the tortoiseshell effect:
54256293-14F1-4707-9081-0CF371BE4C3A.jpeg
 
I am partial to good wood on a gun stock, and whether actually seeing it in person, or seeing a photo you just know - that is spectacular. So whether it is your own stock, or someone who has posted a pic on AH that needs to be recollected, lets see what you have.

Here is one from Westley Richards, I just love the tortoiseshell effect:
View attachment 535098
I could be wrong but this looks like the tiger wood effect that WR likes to use. I almost got my Rigby refurbished in tiger wood due to its beautiful look but once again the London Rigby shop talked me out of it and I chose their grade 8 historical wood
 
I could be wrong but this looks like the tiger wood effect that WR likes to use. I almost got my Rigby refurbished in tiger wood due to its beautiful look but once again the London Rigby shop talked me out of it and I chose their grade 8 historical wood
Grade 8 historical wood, I want to see that!
 
A little retro for sure :) but the figure in this stock has always caught my eye, especially considering its origin and purpose. It's on an original 7mm M1895 Chilean Mauser I picked up several years ago in unfired condition with crest intact and no import marks.

M1895 Chilean Mauser 2.jpg
 
Grade 8 historical wood, I want to see that!
I will be posting pictures when the gun is finished. To be clear, I did not buy the stock from Rigby…I just looked through their different grades then ordered one in a grade 8 from a company in the US. I will tell you grades of wood stock blanks has a lot of Art versus Science in it in my opinion. The Rigby HS standard is a beautiful grade 5
 
I'm biased, but this is a favorite. This is the best stock I own. Sako 85 Deluxe from the custom shop with high grade Turkish walnut and handrubbed finish. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it!

20220603_203036 (1).jpg
20220603_203305 (1).jpg
20220603_203719 (1).jpg
 
A little retro for sure :) but the figure in this stock has always caught my eye, especially considering its origin and purpose. It's on an original 7mm M1895 Chilean Mauser I picked up several years ago in unfired condition with crest intact and no import marks.

View attachment 535143
That's very cool, and what a find!
 
Kevin, A while back you posted a thread with some pictures of your very attractive significant other. I was genuinely surprised. With all your threads about what’s the best looking rifle, cartridge, stock, etc, I was certain you had simply spent way too much time alone in the bush. Lol.

I’m pretty proud of the walnut I picked out for my Kreighoff shotgun.

EE769524-9124-4622-AF95-12810012E88B.jpeg
 
Kevin, A while back you posted a thread with some pictures of your very attractive significant other. I was genuinely surprised. With all your threads about what’s the best looking rifle, cartridge, stock, etc, I was certain you had simply spent way too much time alone in the bush. Lol.

I’m pretty proud of the walnut I picked out for my Kreighoff shotgun.

View attachment 535155
Your stock is great Sureshot. I will tell her that she earns positive comments from my hunting exploits!
 
I also have a soft spot for beautiful wooden stocks...

CZ550 .375H&H (factory wood, reshaped by Morkel & Crouse):
375.jpg


404Jeff:
404.jpg


Beretta 486:
Beretta.jpg


Krieghoff K80:
I know grain direction is not perfect, however I really like the look of it and have trust in Krieghoff's quality. A new Kick-Eez pad was installed after Sabi Rifles messed up the one in the photo.
Krieghoff1.jpg

Krieghoff2.jpg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,401
Messages
1,575,116
Members
170,223
Latest member
Molly91615
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top