Best looking round

The 6.5 Creedmoor, of course!
HahaHahaHaha!
 
505 Gibbs, subtle curves. Each shot is memorable.

97494FAB-676D-4103-B4A1-6196F787B827.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
How long has the apds been around? It that what the Israelis used to such lethal effect in the Yom Kipur war?
NATO pretty much quit using the APDS prior to the Gulf War and had moved on to the Armor-Piercing Fin-Stabilized Discarding Sabot (APFSDS). Probably what is actually in the picture. The actual projectile in flight looks like an arrow with fletching. Most are currently made of Tungsten, though depleted uranium is also employed and is very effective. The APDS was developed by the British toward the end of WWII, but I do not know what the Israelis were using during either the 6-Day War or Yom Kippur. I can testify that M1A1 main guns easily cut through T62 and T72 class MBT's well beyond the effective range of their guns.
 
NATO pretty much quit using the APDS prior to the Gulf War and had moved on to the Armor-Piercing Fin-Stabilized Discarding Sabot (APFSDS). Probably what is actually in the picture. The actual projectile in flight looks like an arrow with fletching. Most are currently made of Tungsten, though depleted uranium is also employed and is very effective. The APDS was developed by the British toward the end of WWII, but I do not know what the Israelis were using during either the 6-Day War or Yom Kippur. I can testify that M1A1 main guns easily cut through T62 and T72 class MBT's well beyond the effective range of their guns.
Can't wait for the depleted uranium turkey loads to hit the shelves. :cool:
 
We call it the 6.5 BN35W (Bob Nelson 35Whelen). :LOL:

Can you hear my @Bob Nelson 35Whelen!!! Had to mention him so he sees it in his alerts.
I was baiting him a little. I haven’t learned the @ trick just yet. He would learn to love it if given the chance. It really comes alive with proper hand loading!
 
66768_600x400.jpg


North Fork .458 350 SS 45-90 shot from this 1886
52608_600x400.jpg

or this Beretta .45-90 DR.
54679_600x400.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,305
Messages
1,572,308
Members
169,522
Latest member
EileenDrum
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top