Best Caliber for Tiny 10?

With respect to the tiny ten, has there been any experience with using pistol calibre bolt action rifles such as the Ruger 77/357, 77/44? Low velocity and easily obtained in hard cast or fmj loadings. Also any experience with any of the 7.62x39 bolt guns. Not advocating, just asking the question to increase my knowledge.
No experience, but...
The pistol/revolver calibers are low velocity even through a rifle barrel. So you get a rainbow for trajectory and long flight times. And you are aiming at small targets that might move quickly. Shooting distances would have to be short.
 
The Tiny Ten are trophy animals. The faster small calibers are going to waste the carcass - for a full mount the skin should not have gaping holes. That is why a shotgun or 375 solid is used - minimal carcass damage. Body shots are the norm.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,317
Messages
1,572,828
Members
169,624
Latest member
hp66social1
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top