best bolt action for dangerous games

For a hard working reliable can take the beating and keep working gun BRNO ZKK602 anything from 375 H&H and up....if it is a custom build make sure you get a gunsmith who knows what he is doing....
Never had issues witha any of my 3 and they just keep working period.....

G.M.A (Granite Mountain Arms) African Magnum Mauser (among those currently made)- Hands down the top of the line. I'll add that if you ever plan to have a .505 Gibbs rifle custom built for you, the G.M.A African Magnum Mauser action is the only currently manufactured action out there with a proper 0.750" diameter bolt face for accommodating the massive .505 Gibbs round. Any other action will need to have the bolt face opened up for this purpose.
FB_IMG_1664819934659.jpg

BRNO ZKK602 (amongst those made in the past)- The old Czech workhorse
IMG_20210625_193851_01_01.jpg

I also have a soft spot for the old B.S.A Majestic action, even though it was a push feed and has long since been out of production. And the Blaser R-8 action is also very nice.

Last edited:
Oh boy, this is going to be fun. Anxiously waiting. :ROFLMAO: :A Popcorn:

Dang, get away for an hour and miss the party. Oh well, better late than never.

Well let me weigh in….
Any M98 variation with a Winchester type safety will do. For the working man a BRNO /CZ is hard to beat but there are other equally good actions . Heym is my current favorite closely followed by CZ , GMA and Dakota. Personally I don’t like the P14.

OP, Anything that doesn't have a 15 second lock time and there are more than a few out there.

Love my DG Mauser Action in 416.

That said, one thing I don't like about the CRF actions (but I truly like in Rem 700 action...) is that - cornered - you can't just drop one in the chamber, close, and shot :confused:
So my bet obviously is for my pet Rigby, but still I think is not " 100% perfect"

That said, one thing I don't like about the CRF actions (but I truly like in Rem 700 action...) is that - cornered - you can't just drop one in the chamber, close, and shot :confused:
So my bet obviously is for my pet Rigby, but still I think is not " 100% perfect"
Not true for all CRF actions....a Rem M700 will get you killed long before you "drop one in the chamber"....

Hi to all members.
Interesting post!
I have a Voere model 2155 in . 270w. with a mauser k98 action.
I never had the pleasure to hunt in Africa,but I eard Voere rifles were very popular in South Africa.
Mine is an amazing rifle, dependable, very accurate an also gave me very good moments here in Europe.
What do you think of this guns and do any one own one? What's your opinion of this wonderful caliber for african plains game?
Thanks.

I don’t think you realize the type of question you just asked…

I look forward to the ensuing chaos. :D Pop Popcorn:
Lets hope, nobody mentions word "push feed".
So far we had peace and quiet on this front, since last debate involving blaser! (ups)
:E Lol:

If the extractor on a Mauser 98 actioned rifle is beveled (by an experienced gunsmith), then it will allow you to snap the extractor directly over a cartridge in the chamber. The new Winchester Model 70 Safari Express is a good example.

Remington Model 700s are poorly suited for dangerous game. Unless you have an experienced gunsmith fit it with an M-16 extractor.

Lets hope, nobody mentions word "push feed".
So far we had peace and quiet on this front, since last debate involving blaser! (ups)
:E Lol:
Gee whiz, was just going to say, Post '64 model 70 Winchester! Push feed actions are often maligned for no good reason.:sneaky:
If the extractor on a Mauser 98 actioned rifle is beveled (by an experienced gunsmith), then it will allow you to snap the extractor directly over a cartridge in the chamber. The new Winchester Model 70 Safari Express is a good example.

Remington Model 700s are poorly suited for dangerous game. Unless you have an experienced gunsmith fit it with an M-16 extractor.
Are you aware that when Remington was developing the 700 action, that they ran tests between the Mauser and the 700 extractor and the Mauser failed first?:cautious:

Gee whiz, was just going to say, Post '64 model 70 Winchester! Push feed actions are often maligned for no good reason.:sneaky:

Are you aware that when Remington was developing the 700 action, that they ran tests between the Mauser and the 700 extractor and the Mauser failed first?:cautious:
What tests and what failures?
Bet they stayed far away from a ZKK.....

Rem M700 pos for a African DG rifle or action in more ways than one.....

My first dg rifle was a Rem M700 classic in 375H&H biggest piece of sh....i ever wasted money on.......

What tests and what failures?
Bet they stayed far away from a ZKK.....

Rem M700 pos for a African DG rifle or action in more ways than one.....

My first dg rifle was a Rem M700 classic in 375H&H biggest piece of sh....i ever wasted money on.......
Read some Remington history.
I have owned a lot of Rem 700's over the years and have never had one fail to extract a case.

My dad accidentally tried to blow one up once, overcharge of wrong powder was likely. He had to beat the bolt open, but could not get the bolt to retract, so gave it to a smith.
Smith got the bolt out, and guess what was still hanging on to the case rim?
What was left of the case, still there. Extractor held firm at a gross overcharge.
Rifle was put back into service as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg