Beretta Blaser knockoff?

Wont surprise me if .375 Swiss comes in R8 in a little while.

That said Beretta have made bolt rifles earlier,though on Sako actions but they were very fine done. Seen one a while back,thick barrel and McM stock i think it was.

Steyr M95 also a very good sr . Some were converted to 6,5mm over here for Running Deer matches. ( Turn target 2x shot on each way )
 
I've shot all three: Blaser, Beretta, and Savage. I'd put the Beretta up there with the Blaser on slickness. Pretty neat (nearly) tooless dis/reassembly too. Another plus is that the trigger components are not housed with the detachable magazine on the Beretta.

Not sure why straight pull actions haven't caught on more broadly in the US yet. Multi barrel platforms don't have the same appeal here with the ease of multi gun ownership. But the speed of rapid follow up shots should be enough to sell a few. Especially for pig hunters. I'd like to pick one up in .308.
 
I've shot all three: Blaser, Beretta, and Savage. I'd put the Beretta up there with the Blaser on slickness. Pretty neat (nearly) tooless dis/reassembly too. Another plus is that the trigger components are not housed with the detachable magazine on the Beretta.

Not sure why straight pull actions haven't caught on more broadly in the US yet. Multi barrel platforms don't have the same appeal here with the ease of multi gun ownership. But the speed of rapid follow up shots should be enough to sell a few. Especially for pig hunters. I'd like to pick one up in .308.
How did the Savage rate?

Speed of the second shot is covered by the various semi automatic, pump, and lever rifles. I'd almost swear lever actions come as part of a dietary supplement in some places.
 
No issues with it. Performed solidly. The action is more cheaply made (ball bearings instead of a tight metal to metal fit). I don't doubt its strength, just not as slick as the more expensive alternatives. I understand why they did it (to make a profit at a cheaper price point) and would have no qualms hunting with it. I'd just rather save an additional grand to buy the Beretta. It is still roughly half of the price of a Blaser. Just my two cents.
 
Just handled one of these at my lgs
Felt pretty good. I’m going to save up for an R8 though
 

Attachments

Forum statistics

Threads
70,305
Messages
1,572,275
Members
169,517
Latest member
JadaBridge
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top