Beretta Blaser knockoff?

Wont surprise me if .375 Swiss comes in R8 in a little while.

That said Beretta have made bolt rifles earlier,though on Sako actions but they were very fine done. Seen one a while back,thick barrel and McM stock i think it was.

Steyr M95 also a very good sr . Some were converted to 6,5mm over here for Running Deer matches. ( Turn target 2x shot on each way )

I've shot all three: Blaser, Beretta, and Savage. I'd put the Beretta up there with the Blaser on slickness. Pretty neat (nearly) tooless dis/reassembly too. Another plus is that the trigger components are not housed with the detachable magazine on the Beretta.

Not sure why straight pull actions haven't caught on more broadly in the US yet. Multi barrel platforms don't have the same appeal here with the ease of multi gun ownership. But the speed of rapid follow up shots should be enough to sell a few. Especially for pig hunters. I'd like to pick one up in .308.

I've shot all three: Blaser, Beretta, and Savage. I'd put the Beretta up there with the Blaser on slickness. Pretty neat (nearly) tooless dis/reassembly too. Another plus is that the trigger components are not housed with the detachable magazine on the Beretta.

Not sure why straight pull actions haven't caught on more broadly in the US yet. Multi barrel platforms don't have the same appeal here with the ease of multi gun ownership. But the speed of rapid follow up shots should be enough to sell a few. Especially for pig hunters. I'd like to pick one up in .308.
How did the Savage rate?

Speed of the second shot is covered by the various semi automatic, pump, and lever rifles. I'd almost swear lever actions come as part of a dietary supplement in some places.

No issues with it. Performed solidly. The action is more cheaply made (ball bearings instead of a tight metal to metal fit). I don't doubt its strength, just not as slick as the more expensive alternatives. I understand why they did it (to make a profit at a cheaper price point) and would have no qualms hunting with it. I'd just rather save an additional grand to buy the Beretta. It is still roughly half of the price of a Blaser. Just my two cents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoraceBrei

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!