www.tokoloshesafaris.info
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Life Member Safari International, Life Members Dallas Safari Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania
Today I was able to watch parts of Ben Foggles SurvivalOf The Species. I am apologize not sure which episode.

This was a one hour program dealing with hunting in RSA. I agreed with everything (except the ONE anti hunter), it was very fair and showed how well african game was being taken care of in RSA. It covered the “canned hunts fairly”, it also covered how hunters can be their own worst enemy, some will disagree with that part, again it was covered fairly.

This program came on BBC EARTH HD

LON

I watched Ben Fogle evolve as a TV creature

He is not much loved in the UK

However

I can't help but warm to him

I don't agree with all his values, but I can respect him - an understated, resilient character (very different from the Hollywood image of the tough guy) determined to find the best in folk

Climbed everest

Rowed the atlantic

But so what - he would say

He is kind

He has something positive to offer and say

Other than the fact that he is a TV character - he could have been the epitome of the Gray Man

In my humble experience, hunters truly ARE their own worst enemy. If one of us gets embroiled in a bit of controversy, it doesn’t even take one second for other hunters to step in and try to burn us at the proverbial stake.

Some hunters want to ban driven hunts
Some hunters want to ban shotguns being used on deer
Some hunters want to ban buckshot
Some hunters want to ban magazine rifles (I’m looking at you, John Pondoro Taylor)
Some hunters want to ban lead bullets
Some hunters want to ban buckshot
Some hunters want to ban semi automatics
Some hunters want to ban hunting over torchlight
Some hunters want to ban bow hunting
Some hunters want to ban lion hunting (both wild AND captive bred)
Some hunters want to ban elephant hunting

The list goes on and on. We lack unity and possess a strong sense of perverse self righteousness if we hunt in a manner different to those whom we are judging. And the antis have unfortunately learnt to exploit our internal disputes in order to push for more restrictive laws against what we love most.

Hi Hunter Habib,

You put it properly. I am sure you noticed I did not mention my opinion or the reason that the program said “hunters were their own worse enemy. Slowly I have learned on this forum when certain opinions are expressed you will piss off someone.

Lon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EveHindwoo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!
swashington wrote on 112Savage's profile.
May be interested in that LH Ruger in 375R. got any pics?