Beautiful 500!

Daniel Cary

AH legend
Joined
Oct 22, 2019
Messages
2,755
Reaction score
4,046
Location
Michigan
Media
37
deal1.jpg
deal.jpg
There has to be close to 1k here in Ammo/Dies ... This store owner had another AHR in 404 to put up for sale on consignment. It was fitted one of the finest looking pieces of Walnut imo, if anyone's looking?

Thank You all for the correspondence, consideration & help in this decision!
Regards, Dan.
 
Congrats sir! You'll enjoy how the AHR's handle in the field. Best of luck and get her out and pop some caps!
 
Congrats sir! You'll enjoy how the AHR's handle in the field. Best of luck and get her out and pop some caps!

I forgot why I was on here to begin with!!! ... What is a single stage trigger?
Thank You, if you can help!
 
Just lovely!!
 
I forgot why I was on here to begin with!!! ... What is a single stage trigger?
Thank You, if you can help!

A single stage trigger is a trigger in which there is no, or barely any, perceivable trigger rearward travel, typically called "take up" before the sear is released. When the trigger is pulled, it releases the sear within a couple hundredth of an inch (or thousandths of an inch for match triggers) of rearward travel from its initial position. A 3 lbs single stage trigger will release the sear at 3 lbs.

A double stage trigger has a first preliminary "take up" stage. A 3 lbs double stage trigger will typically travel backward during its first stage something like 1/8 or even 1/4 of an inch under 1.5 to 2 lbs pressure until it hits the second stage where pressure must be increased to 3 lbs to actually release the sear without further travel.

Double stage (also called "two stages") triggers were typical of 20th century military rifles (e.g. the great Mauser 98, but also French MAS, English Enfield, American Springfield, etc.) because they were considered to contribute significantly to the prevention of accidental discharges under stress.

A number of very high end match rifles also had, and still have, double stage triggers, because some shooters prefer them for deliberate ultimate precision shooting.

Double stage triggers are not to be confused with poorly adjusted "lawyer proof" single stage triggers that allow some rearward travel (typically called "creep") before the sear is released but that do not feature a distinct second stage requiring a conscious additional pull of higher strength.

Single stage triggers are generally considered to be better adapted to snap shooting (either military in close quarter battle (CQB), or civilian in close range hunting). Conversely, they are generally more prone to accidental discharge because they do not require deliberately going through the first stage before being ready to fire the rifle at the second stage.
 
Last edited:
Nice looking rifle!

How much will the .404 be? Or who is selling it?
 
More info on the .404 please. We’ll either start a bidding war or a collective pool of drool!
 
More info on the .404 please. We’ll either start a bidding war or a collective pool of drool!

https://www.foxvalleyfirearms.com/
They don't show their inventory, again, as they listed this on GunBroker .. but they return emails fairly quickly. They were swamped though, there must have been 5 people in during the sale that were bringing their arms in for repair/gunsmithing...
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,327
Messages
1,573,007
Members
169,682
Latest member
CarmonWxt
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top