Barnes Reloading Manual Number 4

Dutchlund

New member
Joined
May 1, 2025
Messages
13
Reaction score
16
Media
7
Does anyone happen to have a copy of Barnes Reloading Manual Number 4 that you would be willing to either sell, or alternatively, share with me Barnes' reloading date for .375 H&H with 300 gr TSX, which I understand includes load data for N540 powder which is NOT included in the Barnes current app. I can't find a copy of Number 4 available anywhere. Thanks in advance.
 
I’ve got you covered :)


IMG_1875.jpeg
 
Last edited:
IMG_1876.jpeg
 
IMG_1877.jpeg
 
IMG_1878.jpeg
 
Thank you SOOOO much. I love this forum!! I had heard that the max load of N540 was 75 grains... but that seemed awfully hot. I guess I'll have to go load some up.
 
My Winchester 70 375 definitely prefers 300gr with some speed on it… I use IMR 4064… you can see where I’ve circled the max load.. that’s what I use, and what I get the best groups out of..
 
Thank you SOOOO much. I love this forum!! I had heard that the max load of N540 was 75 grains... but that seemed awfully hot. I guess I'll have to go load some up.
Work up cautiously in increments of 0.3 grains. I use Barnes in almost all of my rifles now, which is more than a few. I have never had one rifle and load that made it to Barnes quoted max load. I run them 0.010" off the lands or mag length minus 0.050". The only correct answer for a max load is the rifle and combination of components in your hands.
 
Last edited:
My Winchester 70 375 definitely prefers 300gr with some speed on it… I use IMR 4064… you can see where I’ve circled the max load.. that’s what I use, and what I get the best groups out of..
Thanks, but I don’t see an IMR 4064 load… just an H4895 that is circled. Am I missing something? I thought I saw a prior post where someone was getting 2750 fps with an N540 74 grain load, which sounded like something to try to work up to
 
my old brain transposing data..

4064 is my 308 powder… 4895 is my 375 powder :)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,310
Messages
1,572,522
Members
169,577
Latest member
CeliaTejed
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top