Baikal double

My Beretta 45-90 with 26 inch barrels:

Regulated to group 350 grain NF in a tight group at 100 yards. MV around 2200 fps.

Years ago, I asked two gun makers about extending the chambers of a Baikal 45-70 to 45-90; Both said no, and do not shoot hot loads in the Baikal. I did as recommended.
 
I got lucky this past weekend , I stopped in a pawn shop and seen this in a glass case and asked if it was a 410 , he said it was a double rifle in 30:06 , I grabbed it !!!!!!!
Please can you post a picture Chris, and one of the underside of the action?
 
@Kevin Peacocke
Yes they aren't pretty but they are built like a brick outhouse. For the price they are it could always be restocked in a better grade of timber to make it look better and fit better and still be a good double for a lot less than 4 grand.
45-90 sounds better to me, but I ain't normal.
Bob
You, not Normal? That accounts for many of us, I believe
 
I think the mono block on these isn't really up to longer chambers & they are very light (recoil becomes a factor) also you can load the 45/70 to do almost any thing any way & you would have to reload a 45/90 if you rechambered.

You can how ever make it look nicer, we have had a discussion on these here before.

View attachment 466035
Sarg, absolutely gorgeous refinish, would you mind linking me to the post where you discuss it? I’m very new here! Cheers
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,307
Messages
1,572,360
Members
169,536
Latest member
KieranChap
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top