Baikal double

My Beretta 45-90 with 26 inch barrels:

Regulated to group 350 grain NF in a tight group at 100 yards. MV around 2200 fps.

Years ago, I asked two gun makers about extending the chambers of a Baikal 45-70 to 45-90; Both said no, and do not shoot hot loads in the Baikal. I did as recommended.

I got lucky this past weekend , I stopped in a pawn shop and seen this in a glass case and asked if it was a 410 , he said it was a double rifle in 30:06 , I grabbed it !!!!!!!
Please can you post a picture Chris, and one of the underside of the action?

@Kevin Peacocke
Yes they aren't pretty but they are built like a brick outhouse. For the price they are it could always be restocked in a better grade of timber to make it look better and fit better and still be a good double for a lot less than 4 grand.
45-90 sounds better to me, but I ain't normal.
Bob
You, not Normal? That accounts for many of us, I believe

I think the mono block on these isn't really up to longer chambers & they are very light (recoil becomes a factor) also you can load the 45/70 to do almost any thing any way & you would have to reload a 45/90 if you rechambered.

You can how ever make it look nicer, we have had a discussion on these here before.

View attachment 466035
Sarg, absolutely gorgeous refinish, would you mind linking me to the post where you discuss it? I’m very new here! Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaliaPace

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross