Back where I started...

Donnachaidh

AH veteran
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
137
Reaction score
285
Location
UK
Media
6
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Europe
4
Member of
British Association of Shooting and Conservation
Hunted
England, Scotland, Namibia and Finland
My first centrefire was a Sako Finnbear .270. I've always regretted selling it, and have just bought a 75 Deluxe in the same calibre. I'd like to take it to Africa, but it will be used on UK deer for the time being. It's good to have a .270 again.

231216103444002-12.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My first centrefire was a Sako Finnbear .270. I've always regretted selling it, and have just bought a 75 Deluxe in the same calibre. I'd like to take it to Africa, but it will be used on UK deer for the time being. It's good to have a .270 again.
I own four .270's. It is a special thing.
 
I'll be putting a Swarovski Habicht 6x42 on it, and then see what ammunition suits it best.
 
My first centrefire was a Sako Finnbear .270. I've always regretted selling it, and have just bought a 75 Deluxe in the same calibre. I'd like to take it to Africa, but it will be used on UK deer for the time being. It's good to have a .270 again.

View attachment 586221

Glad you bought it! I was eyeing it up but couldn’t bring myself to sell my stainless synthetic. Enjoy and hope it shoots well!
 
Beautiful rifle... whoever threaded the muzzle needs a good kick with a frozen boot... first thing I would do is cut that off and redo the crown.
 
The 270 Win is absolutely one of the best game cartridges ever! This in a Sako is a great combo! Don’t let this one go!!!
 
Had a SAKO Finnbear .270 with Bavarian stock in the 70´s

Sold it to a good friend and always regretted it.
 
I'm just waiting now for this to be added to my UK license. I'd like to take it to Africa for plains game, maybe next year.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,279
Messages
1,571,505
Members
169,365
Latest member
TillyQ1897
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top