Australia today

The plan initially was to keep pressure of a fragile health system that is centered with population density and doesn't easily cater to the less populated regions but seems to have become personal battle between state and territory leaders. Once the vaccinations hit their target rate I assume we will open internally at least, covid cases will increase for sure but with less pressure on the health system. Australians in general are handling it okay, nothing like the battle's being waged on the internet would have you believe

The plan initially was to keep pressure of a fragile health system that is centered with population density and doesn't easily cater to the less populated regions but seems to have become personal battle between state and territory leaders. Once the vaccinations hit their target rate I assume we will open internally at least, covid cases will increase for sure but with less pressure on the health system. Australians in general are handling it okay, nothing like the battle's being waged on the internet would have you believe

Perfect summary mate.
I find it strange that the folks here with the greatest outrage about what is happening currently in Australia, don't live in Australia....:unsure::unsure:

Perfect summary mate.
I find it strange that the folks here with the greatest outrage about what is happening currently in Australia, don't live in Australia....:unsure::unsure:

My outrage/concern is centered on the good people in Australia that want their freedom to move about their cool country. I am actually surprised that you seem ok or complacent with the police beating citizens walking about, sometimes with children, for no apparent good reason. these citizens are not looting stores, or burning the cities, they are merely living their lives.

all this for a disease that has vaccines AND prehospital treatment that lowers if lethality to a pretty low number. Here in Alaska, tonight, there is going to be a city leaders meeting about lock downs and mask mandates, etc that i will be going to to testify against. Anchorage has a vaccinated rate of 70% and between 10-20% of the population has caught and survived covid, so we are in the 80-90% immunity rate, well into "herd" immunity, so my question is, when are we safe enough?

do i want some cop jumping me because i am walking my dog, or wife more than a block from my house?? does that seem NORMAL to anyone?!! why would ANYONE be ok with that in my country or yours?

so, that is why I'm outraged, for you and your countrymen. If you are ok with lockdowns, etc, then you are getting exactly the government you want, i am not ok with that (although i did not vote for the people putting mandates in australia in place). what will the next mandate be or who will be the next 'ENEMY OF THE STATE??"

i am wishing all you aussies well, godspeed,

don

I don't believe that there is a large number of Australians that are outraged beyond fringe dwellers who where beaten by the police on the internet, any that where probably deserved it

My outrage/concern is centered on the good people in Australia that want their freedom to move about their cool country. I am actually surprised that you seem ok or complacent with the police beating citizens walking about, sometimes with children, for no apparent good reason. these citizens are not looting stores, or burning the cities, they are merely living their lives.

all this for a disease that has vaccines AND prehospital treatment that lowers if lethality to a pretty low number. Here in Alaska, tonight, there is going to be a city leaders meeting about lock downs and mask mandates, etc that i will be going to to testify against. Anchorage has a vaccinated rate of 70% and between 10-20% of the population has caught and survived covid, so we are in the 80-90% immunity rate, well into "herd" immunity, so my question is, when are we safe enough?

do i want some cop jumping me because i am walking my dog, or wife more than a block from my house?? does that seem NORMAL to anyone?!! why would ANYONE be ok with that in my country or yours?

so, that is why I'm outraged, for you and your countrymen. If you are ok with lockdowns, etc, then you are getting exactly the government you want, i am not ok with that (although i did not vote for the people putting mandates in australia in place). what will the next mandate be or who will be the next 'ENEMY OF THE STATE??"

don
Don, appreciate your concern. But surely you must realise that the media can take a very tiny snapshot and beat it up to make it look like it's happening daily on every suburban street. I can assure you it's not, and most of us are totally fine. It seems the international media is on a mission at present to make Australia look like the next North Korea, for some reason...:unsure:

It's no different to many Australians thinking I'm taking a crazy risk travelling to Africa, and some people here couldn't believe that I took my family. The media only portrays the worst, we all know it's not "the norm"...

Hell, my own brother won't travel to the USA because he thinks he'll be shot....food for thought.

Tim

i completely understand about media taking things small and blowing them out of proportion. today, the people were chanting "%&ck joe biden, the media said they were chanting "go Brandon"! you could see and hear the exact opposite, so yeah i get it.

however, there is no good look to grabbing people off the streets that have children in tow and arresting as some kind of terrorist.

good on you for going to africa, you are gonna have a blast.

re: your brother, if he went to chicago or detroit or washington DC, he could be right!!

don

don
@Dirthawker
Don
I'm at the stage I just don't give a shit what they say anymore. We will be totally free on the 18th of October.
Was all the bullshit worth, it I don't know but at least we are near the end now.
Bob

LOL reading through this shows a bit of ignorance and assumptions being made IMHO

Don, appreciate your concern. But surely you must realise that the media can take a very tiny snapshot and beat it up to make it look like it's happening daily on every suburban street. I can assure you it's not, and most of us are totally fine. It seems the international media is on a mission at present to make Australia look like the next North Korea, for some reason...:unsure:

It's no different to many Australians thinking I'm taking a crazy risk travelling to Africa, and some people here couldn't believe that I took my family. The media only portrays the worst, we all know it's not "the norm"...

Hell, my own brother won't travel to the USA because he thinks he'll be shot....food for thought.

Tim
with all due respect Blacks mate you assume and are ignorant
l am sure you know everything that is happening in Melbourne first hand mate ;) LOL
the MSM has run a narrative that is what the governments, state and federal have wanted
the governments are playing a game, the only news media worth looking at are the small independent's that live stream, you cannot edit live stream Blacks and it paints a different story than you and the MSM are painting if you want to educate yourself
there has been footage released in Melbourne showing after the protesters have left an area the undercover coppers who run back to the police at their cars ect… giving them intel, more than likely photo’s of the protesters, these undercover police have been said to be stirring up the protesters
l’m sure anyone who lives in a state that is having no problems when protesting eg... BLM having police walk with you would think that we Australians in Vic and parts of NSW are not living under draconian leadership of dictators, a police state or tyranny
but turn off the tv stop watching 7, 9, 10, ABC ect... and get your news about whats happening in other states about the protests ect... from the small independents like Rebel news Avi Yemini, the real Rukshan, Rod Culletons great Australian party, Melbourne detective media and there are plenty of others to get the real news story from journo's that are there,
l am sick to death of hearing MSM have headlines like “The Anti Vaxxers Had an unsuccessful Protest today” what a load of rot and rubbish, the protesters are protesting mandates and freedoms not vaccines, a lot of the protesters are double jabbed, there is no reason to sling slam or shoot any of your unarmed citizens ever, especially using international police under Dans “Strong Cities Network” deal, have a look for a predator insignia on police uniforms

heres one to watch from Avi

watch this one from Rod Cullerton, have a good look at 1:00 where a guy who was pushing a wheelchair bound person is dropped and hit repeatedly with a pump action shotgun as well as the other bystander who is held down while the other drops the knee on him a few times then tell me there is no tyranny and "they were not protesters" they were bystanders,
are you afraid to walk the street? are you afraid of the police? can you imagine how many protesters there would be if there were no $5k fines or random bashings and shootings from the police?
you said there were a few thousand, hmmm watching ABC l think

and when you have a park full of hundreds of Melbourne football fans one day partying the grand final win and nothing but the next day fifty nurses do a silent protest at the same park and the police turn up
https://www.rebelnews.com/police_mo...UXmQtCfspwvVQclPOI3yDs5dsuKi7rroB4ZGuC3K8Ev8w

l do not get Australians who think what happens in Hong Kong is bad but accept what is being done to there own country men and women
and have a look at what the NSW government did today LOL they have made the employers who mandate the jab responsible for any adverse reactions from the jab LOL
talk about throwing someone under the bus

l am honoured by the Americans, Polish, Dutch, English, French and Italy who are protesting the Australian embassy's in their country's over the Australian governments treatment of its own citizens

the truth is Victoria is lockdown stressed but we are about to come out of the emergency powers so the unlawful mandates will not be allowed, no lockdowns and the protests will not be illegal
nothing at all to do with 80% jabbed,
the major part of people getting jabbed is because they are being blackmailed to be able to feed their family's, no jab no job, not because they are scared of the Wu Flu
these people will not get the booster because there will be no EUA

you need to talk about your neck of the woods and how good you have
because you do not see what l see
respectfully

Last edited:
LOL reading through this shows a bit of ignorance and assumptions being made IMHO

with all due respect Blacks mate you assume and are ignorant
l am sure you know everything that is happening in Melbourne first hand mate ;) LOL
the MSM has run a narrative that is what the governments, state and federal have wanted
the governments are playing a game, the only news media worth looking at are the small independent's that live stream, you cannot edit live stream Blacks and it paints a different story than you and the MSM are painting if you want to educate yourself
there has been footage released in Melbourne showing after the protesters have left an area the undercover coppers who run back to the police at their cars ect… giving them intel, more than likely photo’s of the protesters, these undercover police have been said to be stirring up the protesters
l’m sure anyone who lives in a state that is having no problems when protesting eg... BLM having police walk with you would think that we Australians in Vic and parts of NSW are not living under draconian leadership of dictators, a police state or tyranny
but turn off the tv stop watching 7, 9, 10, ABC ect... and get your news about whats happening in other states about the protests ect... from the small independents like Rebel news Avi Yemini, the real Rukshan, Rod Culletons great Australian party, Melbourne detective media and there are plenty of others to get the real news story from journo's that are there,
l am sick to death of hearing MSM have headlines like “The Anti Vaxxers Had an unsuccessful Protest today” what a load of rot and rubbish, the protesters are protesting mandates and freedoms not vaccines, a lot of the protesters are double jabbed, there is no reason to sling slam or shoot any of your unarmed citizens ever, especially using international police under Dans “Strong Cities Network” deal, have a look for a predator insignia on police uniforms

heres one to watch from Avi

watch this one from Rod Cullerton, have a good look at 1:00 where a guy who was pushing a wheelchair bound person is dropped and hit repeatedly with a pump action shotgun as well as the other bystander who is held down while the other drops the knee on him a few times then tell me there is no tyranny and "they were not protesters" they were bystanders,
are you afraid to walk the street? are you afraid of the police? can you imagine how many protesters there would be if there were no $5k fines or random bashings and shootings from the police?
you said there were a few thousand, hmmm watching ABC l think

and when you have a park full of hundreds of Melbourne football fans one day partying the grand final win and nothing but the next day fifty nurses do a silent protest at the same park and the police turn up
https://www.rebelnews.com/police_mo...UXmQtCfspwvVQclPOI3yDs5dsuKi7rroB4ZGuC3K8Ev8w

l do not get Australians who think what happens in Hong Kong is bad but accept what is being done to there own country men and women
and have a look at what the NSW government did today LOL they have made the employers who mandate the jab responsible for any adverse reactions from the jab LOL
talk about throwing someone under the bus

l am honoured by the Americans, Polish, Dutch, English, French and Italy who are protesting the Australian embassy's in their country's over the Australian governments treatment of its own citizens

the truth is Victoria is lockdown stressed but we are about to come out of the emergency powers so the unlawful mandates will not be allowed, no lockdowns and the protests will not be illegal
nothing at all to do with 80% jabbed,
the major part of people getting jabbed is because they are being blackmailed to be able to feed their family's, no jab no job, not because they are scared of the Wu Flu
these people will not get the booster because there will be no EUA

you need to talk about your neck of the woods and how good you have
because you do not see what l see
respectfully
Call me ignorant all you like, I have broad shoulders. Obviously life in Melbourne has been tougher than the rest of the country, I've seen the direct effects it's had on some good mates.

I understand your frustration, but don't think for a second that the right wing media you mention don't also have an agenda to push.

Stay well, and I hope normality will soon resume.

very sorry Blacks but you do not understand anyone's frustration
reading through your responses you really have no clue and dont want to either
how dare you get up on your pedestal and speak for people as if you know everything but you have no connection or knowledge with anything at all, blaming so called right wing media for an agenda that the government and biased MSM are implementing, how can it be right wing media when they are livestreaming exactly what is happening LOL how can that be slanted in any way?
think about for a moment this so called right wing media live streamed, you see exactly what is happening and it cant be edited unlike the biased MSM that do not livestream from the ground
you have insulted the good Australian people who have lost their businesses and jobs, brushing them off as "a very small segment of society, and mainly, in your opinion, trouble makers getting what they asked for", another Greta moment "how dare you"
seriously you should be ashamed of yourself, mate you have rubbished your own good countrymen who have lost everything to a dictator because it does not affect you, this is not a BLM protest that would be and has been allowed, but hey they are lefty greeny woke progressives so its ok
you should start thinking before opening your mouth about things that you obviously have no real knowledge about and do not affect you
and l am sorry to seem so annoyed but there is no way could l let others think that you are an authority on what is happening in Australia, how you could watch the original video and have the opinion that you do has me F@#$%D
at least the international media can see it for what it is, tyranny

Breaking news, "the government has ordered that you wear a blindfold as well as a mask so you dont see what's really going on" some people already have the blinkers on
l had another joke but 99.7% would not get it LOL

how dare you get up on your pedestal and speak for people as if you know everything but you have no connection or knowledge with anything at all, blaming so called right wing media for an agenda that the government and biased MSM are implementing, how can it be right wing media when they are livestreaming exactly what is happening LOL how can that be slanted in any way?
think about for a moment this so called right wing media live streamed, you see exactly what is happening and it cant be edited unlike the biased MSM that do not livestream from the ground
you have insulted the good Australian people who have lost their businesses and jobs, brushing them off as "a very small segment of society, and mainly, in your opinion, trouble makers getting what they asked for", another Greta moment "how dare you"
seriously you should be ashamed of yourself, mate you have rubbished your own good countrymen who have lost everything to a dictator because it does not affect you, this is not a BLM protest that would be and has been allowed, but hey they are lefty greeny woke progressives so its ok
you should start thinking before opening your mouth about things that you obviously have no real knowledge about and do not affect you
and l am sorry to seem so annoyed but there is no way could l let others think that you are an authority on what is happening in Australia, how you could watch the original video and have the opinion that you do has me F@#$%D

Breaking news, "the government has ordered that you wear a blindfold as well as a mask so you dont see what's really going on" some people already have the blinkers on
Wow.
I haven't spoken for anyone but myself. I am entitled to an opinion just as you are. And I stand by each post I've made here, which are my opinion only.

You are also assuming I haven't lost income because of this...

Anyhow that's enough said. I will remain positive and look forward to the light at the end of the tunnel. You can do as you wish. All the best.

Must be a tin foil shortage down south?
Why is it that those with the strongest opinions always compare Australia to America?

@marksman
Your remarks to @blacks are harsh to say the least and bordering on very rude.
Yes a few people have lost their jobs and businesses during this China flu debacle. Yes this has happened in Australia but it has also happened in other countries. Those so called unbiased reporters did a great job of cherry picking who they interviewed. Maybe a few so-called innocent people got the short stick but even that clown that was only 4.5 klicks from his home wasn't wearing a mask and appears to intentionally put himself in a position with the protesters to be deemed part of it. What sort of fool does that.
A mate came close to losing his business but due to government financial assistance he remained afloat.
Our government spent billions in assisting businesses and individuals to keep business open and people employed which I didn't hear of any other countries doing.
In any shit storm like this there will be a percentage of casualties but Australia has tried to minimise it.
When construction was shut down in NSW for 2 weeks the CFMEU were initially pissed off but accepted it and are now back at work in safer conditions than before and this was done without the bullshit that happened in Victoria.
Even the CFMEU said it was professional protesters and neo- nazi white supremartists that made them look bad.
Before you rattle your chains look at the big picture of both mainstream and so called independent reporters and ask what is the agenda they are trying to push. You will find neither tell much in the way of reality. It is up to you to believe what you want.
How about talking to people that this has actually affected and get their views before hopping on you high horse and putting others down.
To me it is those that shout the loudest seem to know the least.
Bob

Bob, l had my say and was finished with it but l think l need to respond to you
to show you why l think like l do

"Your remarks to @blacks are harsh to say the least and bordering on very rude"
l agree with you my remarks were harsh and bordering on very rude,
like blacks l stand by everything l have said, he is not an authority on what has happened in Melbourne or Victoria and should not be telling people how it is without any knowledge, l do believe he is entitled to his opinion and l'm glad he said it was his opinion because what he had been saying was coming across as if he were talking facts when he was not

"Yes a few people have lost their jobs and businesses during this China flu debacle"
you obviously have not been through Melbourne and seen all the for lease signs everywhere from closed down businesses, but its not just Melbourne its all over Victoria

"even that clown that was only 4.5 klicks from his home wasn't wearing a mask"
have another look at him tied up on the ground Bob, yes he was, its hanging off his right ear, there were no protesters anywhere in the vicinity, he did not have his mask on for the interview but not wearing your mask without exemption is a $200 fine in Victoria, so you think its ok to throw someone to the ground and jump all over them pointing a pump action shotgun at them because they have not got a mask on? we know better than to be pointing firearms, its not ok
l mentioned in earlier posts about Australians who think this behaviour by police is ok,
that these people deserve it for some reason, sorry but l do not get it
the truth is that if you are talking about the Avi report l posted he actually interviewed people who were treated with massive overreach by the police, if that is cherry picking so be it but at least its the truth or is the video that the lady has of that guy being jumped on by the police a lie?
Bob the camera does not lie and there are many videos of the same thing with different people

"Our government spent billions in assisting businesses and individuals to keep business open and people employed which I didn't hear of any other countries doing"
in fact Bob my daughter who lives in America got covid payments for her family
here is a link to a study that apparently was done on the response of 166 countries that gave coronavirus bailouts and Australia was not the most generous Bob

"In any shit storm like this there will be a percentage of casualties but Australia has tried to minimise it"
by wrecking the economy shutting businesses, reducing the police force and very experienced front line health workers who have worked all through the pandemic so far by mandating no jab no job that is unconstitutional
the frontline healthcare workers are being replaced in Vic by international workers so Dan has said
for what? the numbers are still climbing its all for nothing

"Even the CFMEU said it was professional protesters and neo- nazi white supremartists that made them look bad"
yea that was a funny one, LOL c'mon Bob you dont believe that one, if that were true Bob why would two tradies have a meeting with John Setka in the middle of it to try and sort it, Setka wanted the tradies to march to parliament house and they wanted him to lead them but after the meeting with the two tradies John Setka was on radio saying the rubbish you have just repeated while they were waiting for him to come out and talk to them
if you watch the link l will post bellow you can watch the start to finish of the CFMEU tradie's protest against their union, warts and all, this was not against the government
that is if you really want to see what actually happened
sorry its in two parts and is long but is not like what the biased MSM portrayed it

"You will find neither tell much in the way of reality"
no Bob watch the live feed above and you will see that it is a very good representation of what actually happened and is more in line with what l meant about seeing the true news

"How about talking to people that this has actually affected and get their views before hopping on you high horse and putting others down"
you mean like my wife whose 140k per year business that has folded and will not be opening again
or the four workers she had to put off that have family's to feed?
l could go further Bob but thats enough, l cannot open your eyes for you

anyway Bob,
no different to Blacks, l wish him and you the best and hope l have given you some insight

That video portrays a very small segment of society, and mainly, in my opinion, trouble makers getting what they asked for. It is not representative of wider Australia.
Yes, some of our larger cities have spent a long time in lockdown, and people and small businesses have suffered as a result.
The wisdom of these State based decisions (ie, not Federal under Morrison's control) can of course be debated, but the fact remains that Australia has not had the large scale deaths that many other countries have. Read into that as you will....
As a person on the front line, you’re only delaying the inevitable. Everyone has or will get exposed to Covid. That’s how highly contagious pandemics work. Most people have natural acquired immunity. Lockdowns only work if they are true lockdowns - no food delivery, no Amazon, no nothing for several weeks. I was in attendance at the largest medical conference in the US last week. Real professionals who know what’s what. No masks in sight - the general opinion there is that masks and partial lockdowns are theater. The pandemic is real but it’s only truly dangerous to the obese and elderly. Life should be normal for everyone else.

As a person on the front line, you’re only delaying the inevitable. Everyone has or will get exposed to Covid. That’s how highly contagious pandemics work. Most people have natural acquired immunity. Lockdowns only work if they are true lockdowns - no food delivery, no Amazon, no nothing for several weeks. I was in attendance at the largest medical conference in the US last week. Real professionals who know what’s what. No masks in sight - the general opinion there is that masks and partial lockdowns are theater. The pandemic is real but it’s only truly dangerous to the obese and elderly. Life should be normal for everyone else.
Exactly!! Exactly!! Exactly!!

They had to call in the military here in Alberta. Hospitals , ICU's overwhelmed. The fat and the elderly as some people say have filled up the ICU

I hope Australia doesn't have to go through this . Been a shit show here in Alberta.

Can't wait for the end of this so we can get back to talking about hunting and why the .243 is so bloody horrible, and why anyone who uses a Hornady bullet on dangerous game has a mental condition .

That is much more fun

The Australians could talk about this on an Australian forum except they banned the topic due to the amount of misinformation and conspiracy theories
Well doesn't that tell you something about the Australian forum....
Misinformation / conspiracy theories or maybe alternate views / alternate information / alternate theories / alternate experienced realities...?

It's worth remembering that just because people don't agree doesn't necessarily make them wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois