Atlantic Salmon Flies

Luvthunt

AH legend
Joined
Aug 4, 2018
Messages
2,215
Reaction score
2,211
Media
2
Probabely not the place for this posting but there are those in the”cast and blast” category and these are working pieces with real jungle cock and altho most are hair wing some are build wing.
There are Blue Charms, Cosseboms, Rusty Rats, Green Highlanders, Black Doses, Silver Doctors, Black Bear Green Butts, Black Bear Orange Butts, Muddler Minnows and more.
All are tied to pattern and the box is a Wheatley swing leaf.
More than a hundred of first class Atlantic flies. They will take Stealhead too.
Tied on Hardy hooks.
$125 shipped

IMG_0292.jpeg
IMG_0293.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, I would have bet that there would be some Atlantic Salmon fishermen on this forum.
 
  • Like
Reactions: WAB
Love seeing the artistry of hand tied flies, streamers, etc. Atlantic salmon flies are a very specialized subject...like bongo in the jungle. Very cool.
 
Wheatley swing leaf box.
Rabbit hole-I used to raise grey jungle fowl and still have several necks for my own use. They were noisy and could be difficult to propagate but were fascinating to raise-
Knowing the intricacies of those flies makes them true treasures and pieces of art!
image.jpg
 
Thank you all for the comments. They were my reserve box and it was years ago I ended my Atlantic Salmon quest.. The Scottish and Irish tiers were the true masters (many women) but I never won any prizes unless you count the fish I caught and released. My first trip was to Nova Scotia in 1953 on the Saint Mary’s River .Hooked played and released a 19+ female on the second day. I was hooked forever.
 
1953 I was still sucking the teet, probably less than a year old. Wish I could have one of your flies ... and a hundred of your stories.
 
Great deal. The Wheatley box was worth easily half of what you were asking. The Miramichi or Cascapedia is calling! Go swing wet flies and catch the leaper!
 
Great deal. The Wheatley box was worth easily half of what you were asking. The Miramichi or Cascapedia is calling! Go swing wet flies and catch the leaper!
Rookhawk
I was hoping you would comment. VERY good buy if you can pick up a Wheatley swing leaf in excellent condition $60 . But I tied them to be in the water not in storage. Glad to see someone will be getting my ties wet. If you think the box was a good buy check out the price of those flies I mentioned.
But in all good conscience they were many years ago so costs were less and Herters did a great job for tiers back then. Most of my Jungle cock over the years came from there. Occasionally found a good neck in Nova Scotia or New Brunswick.
Enough.
 
1953 I was still sucking the teet, probably less than a year old. Wish I could have one of your flies ... and a hundred of your stories.
Ont H.
Respect your nourishment comment but I was well past that as I had just finished a tour of duty in the USMC with time in Korea during the Korean War. My brother decided we needed to find space so off we went.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,377
Members
169,549
Latest member
RoseLang
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top