ASG’s African Hunting Showcase 2010: Announcement

Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
SCI
ASG’s African Hunting Showcase 2010: Announcement

For the 2nd time in Canada, 40 outfitters from 8 African countries will be gathering under one roof to help you to plan the hunting safari of your dreams!
Meet your safari guide face-to-face before leaving home. Obtain reliable information first-hand and make your safari your own!

The dates for the 2010 African Hunting Showcase held in Toronto in 20010 are: January 15 & 16, 2010; Venue: Delta Meadowvale Resort and Conference Centre, Mississauga, Canada.

See attached documents.

Attachments

• asg-african-hunting-showcas.jpg
    asg-african-hunting-showcas.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 102
Even though I'm a yankee,I had the chance to go to this show last weekend.

I grew up just over the border to Ontario,Canada in NY,only an hour to Mississagua where the show was.

Was well done,small but with only African outfitters you don't have the feel of the typical tire kicker outdoor show.

You west Canadian guy's get to check it out next year in Calgary,then it will flip back and forth to Toronto.They already are commited for Calgary and Toronto til 2012.

Not much gear,only Swarovski and Krieghoff attend by invitation.Had a good time looking over Krieghoff's new Semprio rifle.

Met some good outfitters and talked a few ears off with the current president of NAPHA about leopards and such.Looks like the whole thing will be cleaned up very soon.

Met one guy from Namibia,who asked me if I had hunted already in Namibia,told me he books 3 years out.....:confused:...for plains game????in Namibia???? He gave me a crappy calander,that's OK,used it to start my wood stove when I got back:D Wouldn't shut up about his 13 areas and that he owned a plane....big deal...All I asked about was if he had an area for Mountain Zebra and quota for 2.:cool:

Everyone else was fun to talk to,and helpful in everyway;a few even volunteered info on other places for a self driving tour I'm doing on my next trip.Looks like I have alot more to book with the next few trips!

Companies that happen to stand out;

Makadi(the Metzger's ;current NAPHA pres);Die Keiler group(the Helenke's);Both of whom I have talked to before.

Ndani Safaris(Mr. Meier)someone new to me from Namibia

And from SA independent PH Mark DeWet(licensed in several countries)

And of course Birgit from ASG who was her usual helpful self.

Dinsdale

Well I will probably go to it next year in Calgary. The show so far has had one big draw back.........it was in Toronto. ;)

Dinsdale, I much appreciate you giving us some feedback on this show. I'll be in Reno tomorrow for the SCI convention and will write a report when I get back...

kelly I think ya have to be from west of the center of the universe to get the sarcasm in that last statement lol :D:D:D

i was also at the show. it was nice to talk to the outfitters in a small cozy environment. i am planning my next trip to namibia and had a chance to speak with different outfitters, all of which seemed very good. i was also impressed with thorsten meir of ndandi. he has a very small personal service. it seems that with the economic downturn, it is a very difficult time for these outfitters.

kuduman all outfitters everywhere are having trouble. Sure their are a few outfitters who have decent bookings but most are hurting and especially so here in North America where we do not have the luxury of a strong European client base. There are many who are not going to survive this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btcbuyerapp

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,