Artificial Mounts

Sarg

AH elite
Joined
Aug 28, 2009
Messages
1,703
Reaction score
4,074
Media
89
Articles
1
Hunted
New Zealand - Australia - Sumatra - Kenya - Zimbabwe - Namibia - South Africa - Botswana - Alaska - Nevada - Hokkaido - Greenland - New Caledonia - Guinea Bissau
A while back we had posts on replica tusks & some head mounts, I posted some photos but can’t find it now.

A friend sent me some photos of even more awesome artificial mounts, actually better than most mounts made form real animal parts !

So if you did a hunt for a non exportable animal these are a fantastic idea, along with the replica skulls some companies do, unfortunately I haven’t seen these in the flesh so to speak.

Has anyone here had a replica skull made up for there Lion or such ?


IMG_3697.jpeg

IMG_3693.jpeg

IMG_3692.jpeg
IMG_3696.jpeg
IMG_3694.jpeg
IMG_3810.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3810.jpeg
    IMG_3810.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3810.jpeg
    IMG_3810.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 52
I have a friend that had a reproduction of his non exportable lion. It’s truly an incredible piece. Kanati did his.
 
These are from Animal Replicas, would love to see them up close in real life !

IMG_3873.jpeg


I think these are the ones I posted before & if you look real hard you can see the joins around the noses !

IMG_3873.jpeg


A pity but I think if their took just a little more care it would be near perfect ?

Yes Kanati is also very good & I posted them up last time, they are known to carter to hunters as well, some of these others maybe completely anti hunting but seeings as they did a full rug it sort of points towards trophies ?
 
Kanati Studios specializes in reproduction mounts and traditional taxidermy. They attend SCI and DSC every year. Their reproductions are awesome.
Any idea of a price? Male lion shoulder mount for example since there’s a nice photo posted above.
 
Any idea of a price? Male lion shoulder mount for example since there’s a nice photo posted above.
Last time I got a quote (lion or lioness) for a pedestal mount was a tad over $ 10,000 usd.
 
Last time I got a quote (lion or lioness) for a pedestal mount was a tad over $ 10,000 usd.
These guys might be a little better pricing but I see it’s a German-Israeli team ?

IMG_3874.jpeg
 
Any idea of a price? Male lion shoulder mount for example since there’s a nice photo posted above.
No sir, I don’t recall the price. However I recall that it was more expensive than a real mount.
 
Another thing to note. They take great pains to make them look exactly like the animal that you shot. Not just some generic example of a lion. They do a variety of big game animals, including elephant, rhino hippo, etc. They are very realistic.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,271
Messages
1,571,246
Members
169,309
Latest member
ghoralpatri1989
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top