Are You This Hunter?

Oh, so that's why........... oh, nevermind. Great way to deal with a problem.
 
nothing like hiring the expert and paying out a large sum of money and then trying to run the show.
 
The Valley is "Real" Africa. It's deepest darkest Africa. It's as big as a large US State. It's 6 hours drive to the first human being with a radio other than maybe 2-3 other camps that *may* be occupied. There are no fences. 6 of the dangerous 7 are in good numbers in that location. (all 6 of them came into my camp) Poachers run sorties from Zambia with regularity. Injured animals from poachers are all over those areas from Mana pools, Nyakasanga, Chewore, and Sapi. It's the kind of place, just like Alaska or just like a lower-48 sheep hunt where it takes two mistakes. Usually on a hunt, you have to make 3-4 back to back mistakes to get killed. In the Valley, two is a enough to get you killed.

An idiot casting from the shore of camp could get killed very easily by a croc if not remaining perpetually vigilant to what surrounds him. A hippo hunt could go quite wrong so you better be confident you can turn one with a flawlessly operating double rifle or magazine rifle that is proven under pressure. You better have the disposition to not drink to the level of stupidity because a stroll 40' out of camp could get you killed as they are in the process of making a few maneaters presently. (old unhunted male lions with emaciated skeletons were seen in July...they WILL try to kill you at camp if they get desperate enough and you're stupid). Charlie the pet elephant comes through camp nightly but he hates $@^@%#$ tourists that shine lights at him or approach...you'll get stomped if you do what dumb people do to elephants. He also likes to breath on you through the tent screen some nights and surely a dumbass making a shriek or losing his nerve will result in potential loss of life due to stupidity. Plenty of ways for stupid rich people to get killed in the valley for certain!

I definitely agree having been there, done that, that it is a place that ought not to be bought by ill prepared thrill seekers. You'll note the meticulous care I take in the weapons I choose to use, how I prepare for trips, the risk management I take at every step of the road and most importantly, WHO I select as a PH to guide my trips. I'm in no way in good shape but I was able to push myself 27km tracking a dugga boy, was able to walk myself 7km out of the bush, and was able to ultimately make my shot 2 hours later in a state of sheer exhaustion. If you cannot push yourself and your limits and if you cannot walk silently for 34km, you might not want to hunt DG in the valley. Game is scarce as in it must be worked for much harder than a high fence RSA option. Medical care is laughably distant. It's not for everyone and should be given a level of reverence unique to Zim dangerous game areas. You also should not go there if you have medical conditions as getting someone out of the Valley is a major ordeal (15 hours to Harare by safari cruiser).

Long story cut brief: clients get PHs killed. If you don't know what you're doing please go to RSA and tell your PH you don't know what you're doing. Don't go to a DG wilderness hunt in the Valley if you're not reasonably prepared.
Rookhawk, those are exactly the kind of adventures I want! Helluva job done describing it!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,802
Members
169,416
Latest member
wanda_tiller
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top