aperature sight for a Mauser 98

Quaticman

AH veteran
Joined
Feb 20, 2018
Messages
178
Reaction score
441
Location
Kitchener
Media
26
Hunted
Namibia
What options do I have to replace the original rear sight on a Husqvarna M98 with a peep sight. Is there anything that will fit in the existing dovetail?
 
Personally I want the longest sighting plane I can get for my aperture sights so would look at a blank in the rear sight dovetail and look at a bridge or bolt mounted sight. Gives you a 200 yd kill capability
 
I bought a Lyman 57 SME on ebay. Haven't put it on a rifle yet. It's an all steel, old school sight that mounts on the right side of the receiver.
 
Hi,

Redfield used to offer a really neat peep sight attached at the rear of their bases, both one or two pieces bases.
To me this is one of the best solutions because it can be used not only in Redfield bases but in any other. I have mine (I bought in Ebay an old Redfield base for a rifle I haven't only for the peep sight that came with it) and put in the rear face of a Warne base. Perfect. Is incredible such a small piece, with windage and height adjustments, rather elemental but it works! And is unobtrusive even with a scope in.
 
I got a swedish version of the Lyman 57 from eBay, guy had a bunch off m98 target rifles, cheap , steel and mount on the "right" side
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,572,049
Members
169,485
Latest member
TaniaBufor
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top