aperature sight for a Mauser 98

Quaticman

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Namibia
What options do I have to replace the original rear sight on a Husqvarna M98 with a peep sight. Is there anything that will fit in the existing dovetail?

Personally I want the longest sighting plane I can get for my aperture sights so would look at a blank in the rear sight dovetail and look at a bridge or bolt mounted sight. Gives you a 200 yd kill capability

I bought a Lyman 57 SME on ebay. Haven't put it on a rifle yet. It's an all steel, old school sight that mounts on the right side of the receiver.

Hi,

Redfield used to offer a really neat peep sight attached at the rear of their bases, both one or two pieces bases.
To me this is one of the best solutions because it can be used not only in Redfield bases but in any other. I have mine (I bought in Ebay an old Redfield base for a rifle I haven't only for the peep sight that came with it) and put in the rear face of a Warne base. Perfect. Is incredible such a small piece, with windage and height adjustments, rather elemental but it works! And is unobtrusive even with a scope in.

I got a swedish version of the Lyman 57 from eBay, guy had a bunch off m98 target rifles, cheap , steel and mount on the "right" side

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaliaPace

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross