Anyone else tired of poor shooting and dumb hunters on TV progams

I stopped watching hunting shows many, many years ago due mostly to boredom.
The last one that I watched featured Craig Boddington and may have been authentic, but the breaks for commercials and the repetition after the breaks was BORING. The actual hunts shown were 1/3 of what could have been done in the time used; BORING.
If hunting was actually that boring, I would have never stuck it out for long.

I put hunting TV in the same category as the NFL and professional wrestling/WWE. It’s not about the actual sport, just getting people to watch.
Makes me sick.

It seems like bad shots are WAY too common on TV hunting shows.

(Don't you love seeing arrows penetrate 3 inches deep in the evening, then the "hunters" patting themselves on the back the next morning for their skilled archery ability the next morning after the tracker did all the work finding the animal while the "hunters" slept-in until they got the radio call that the animal has been located???)

I don't think they should even televise bad shot placement, unless they are a precursor to a segment on what NOT to do.

I guess, to a certain extent, many African hunters are probably not really experienced hunters, unfortunately.

(I'm in the fly-fishing outfitter business, and we have clients showing up all the time with stories about fly-fishing fishing all over the world, when they really don't know how to catch a bluegill on an earthworm under a bobber)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasS111

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!