Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
just received this email and wondering if its legit.........maybe @BRICKBURN can work his detective magic? will try and get hold of mike to see if he really has been contacted.

Chidakel,Alex <achidakel@ufl.edu>

9:53 PM (11 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Hello Mike,

I'm conducting research on the economic impacts of game ranching in Zambia in order to demonstrate the value of this land use in terms of income, jobs, and contribution to GDP. I have been in contact with representatives of the industry, including Don Stacy and Mike Borman, who have helped me to develop a spending questionnaire intended for people who have hunted in Zambia in the last 5 years and I am contacting game ranchers and outfitters to help disseminate the survey to their past clients. The survey is hosted by a 3rd party service and is completely anonymous. Please let me know if you would you be willing to forward a link for the survey to anyone you know of who may be interested in contributing to this much needed research and I can have a link sent to you. Thank you.

Best,

Alex Chidakel
PhD Candidate, Interdisciplinary Ecology
School of Natural Resources and Environment
University of Florida

Have you spoken to Mike Borman or Don about it?
You still in Lusaka?

Did a google search and he appears legit. http://geog.ufl.edu/grad-students/chidakel/
ok thanks

Have you spoken to Mike Borman or Don about it?
You still in Lusaka?

sent him an email and just got this reply, so will do what we can to help

Bangweulu Taxidermy Limited <BtaxZM@outlook.com>
1:25 PM (50 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to Kirk, me
cleardot.gif

Hi Mike. Yes, Alex is legit and is conducting valuable research on revenue generated by the hunting industry. Please do support this research by completing the questionnaire and sending to any hunters you know that have hunted in Zambia in the past 5 years. Thanks. Borman

just received this email and wondering if its legit.........maybe @BRICKBURN can work his detective magic? will try and get hold of mike to see if he really has been contacted.
Alex has been in contact with me via PM since late June to ask permission to post his survey for his research. He just contacted me again yesterday to let me know that he was ready with his survey and for me to have a look at it to grant him permission to post it here. I just confirmed with him that it was all good so we will be hearing from him soon. All seems to be legit to me.

Last edited:
Alex has been in contact with me via PM since late June to ask permission to post his survey for his research. He just contacted me again yesterday to let me know that he was ready with his survey and for me to have a look at it to grant him permission to post it here. I just confirmed with him that it was all good so we will be hearing from him soon. All seems to be legit to me.

yup would appear so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ValentinMo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.