Any body own a 350 Remington Magnum?

@Alaska
What speeds are you getting out of those loads.
Bob
Bob
In 22” you will get 2492 fps with 250 speer
With the 200gr Hornady RN a 2434 fps
What do you plan to shoot it out of ?
In 22” you can seat the bullet out to 2.90”
This was all in Ruger 77
That Speer load was my favorite here in Alaska !
Really liked that Rem 600 in 350 on the Bear Bait Stand ……..perfect setup with Leupold 1.5x5 scope.

Last edited:
Bob
In 22” you will get 2492 fps with 250 speer
With the 200gr Hornady RN a 2434 fps
What do you plan to shoot it out of ?
In 22” you can seat the bullet out to 2.90”
This was all in Ruger 77
That Speer load was my favorite here in Alaska !
Really liked that Rem 600 in 350 on the Bear Bait Stand ……..perfect setup with Leupold 1.5x5 scope.
@Alaska
I thought they were mild loads.
I thought the 200grainers at 2,8000fps would be good and the 250s should get up to 2,600, but if they work that's fine. If your shooting bears over bait I dont
think 4,000fpe of muzzle energy is needed. You load eould do well without pounding the shit out of you.
Bob

My 350 RM are long gone. That 200gr was a great black bear buster in the Rem 600 on bait stand.
@Alaska
You need to get another one or a Whelen or a 358 loaded with some of Paco Kelly's favourite loads. For some reason the 35s just seem to work and are very versatile from up close out tot a fair way out yonder.
Bob

Had the Whelen and the 358 win in BLR and the 338-06 . The one I didn’t have was the excelllent 358 Norma Mag .
@Alaska
Well cure the itch and get one. If necessary you can make 358 Norma mag cases out of 338WM cases if you have to.
Load it up with some nice 275gn Woodleigh PPSP, good bc and an sd slightly higher than the 300gn 375 and go have fun.
Bob

I have a Ruger MKll that has put a Ton of meat in my freezers. I shoot a Barnes 225 TSX over Ramshot Tac @ 2850fps. Shoots 1/2" when i do my part. Compact and shoots great. Kills like a bolt of lightening.

I have wanted a .350 Remington Magnum since before I was big enough to shoot one. As fate would turn out, I settled on the .35 Whelen instead, and I'm glad I did. It shoots the same bullets at the same velocity, in a rifle that has "normal" dimensions and handling. I prefer the .35 Whelen rifles that I've owned vs the short, oddly styled, and inferior "Remington" quality 600 and 660's that the .350's came in. Plastic parts, weird vent ribs, odd proportions are not for me. But the cartridge, AH! It was a genius development. I prefer short action rifle cartridges, if performance is similar to "standard" action cartridges. The .350 was ahead of its time. But I don't want one any more.

I have a Rem M700 in 350Rem and have been loading for it for about 15years. I have never even heard of a Lee whack-a-mole in that caliber. I would get one of the Lee hand held presses. That and a set of dies would be about the same size as the whack-a-mole set and a club to use with it.

Last Saturday at the local rifle range i was shooting my Ruger 77 MK11 350 Rem mag with 225 grain Speers, the rifle is fitted with a 1 inch decelerator pad, aslo shooting my Zastava 375 H&H with 270 grain speers, the rifle is also fitted with a 1 inch decelerator pad, the 375 is a heaver rifle, the 350 was hurting me after about 6 shots, the 375 did not have the sharp recoil of the 350, the 350 is not nice off the bench, but no problem standing up off the shoulder. As you said the 350 Rem was a short Mag before the short mag craze.

Last Saturday at the local rifle range i was shooting my Ruger 77 MK11 350 Rem mag with 225 grain Speers, the rifle is fitted with a 1 inch decelerator pad, aslo shooting my Zastava 375 H&H with 270 grain speers, the rifle is also fitted with a 1 inch decelerator pad, the 375 is a heaver rifle, the 350 was hurting me after about 6 shots, the 375 did not have the sharp recoil of the 350, the 350 is not nice off the bench, but no problem standing up off the shoulder. As you said the 350 Rem was a short Mag before the short mag craze.
I guess no one feels recoil when shooting at game, but I don't recall anything worse than a 30'06 with 200 gr/ recoil when I used my nephew's 350 mag.
It gets the job done

@rdog
Off the bench my Whelen is good 20 to 30 full power loads but the stock design is brilliant and recoil comes straight back with minimal muzzle rise.
The mates sauer 9.3x62 is an absolute bitch, one shot pull me up with that price of a stock.
Just let me know when you want to get rid of that 350 I will gladly take it
Bob

@rdog
Off the bench my Whelen is good 20 to 30 full power loads but the stock design is brilliant and recoil comes straight back with minimal muzzle rise.
The mates sauer 9.3x62 is an absolute bitch, one shot pull me up with that price of a stock.
Just let me know when you want to get rid of that 350 I will gladly take it
Bob
Bob, i do not think a old bloke like you could handle it.:giggle:

Some years ago i sold my Ruger 77mk1 35 Whelen i was really stupid , & regretted the loss .
Ruger made a limited number of 77 mk2 rifles in 350 Rem magnum, i purchased one when they were available
in Australia. It knocks down wild pigs like they have been hit by lightning, using 225 grain Woodleighs.
does any body have any experience with the 350 REM MAG ?
I have been in the process of making my own brass as they want 6 a piece for factory stuff so Im making mine of 7mm remington mag and today I made 100 ea , with 100% reliability , my first load is a 250 gain S.P. using IMR 3031 @43 grains and my second load is the same 250 grain S.P. using H- 4895 @ 44 grains I tryed using other belted magnums but the case mouths to thick and the 7mm mag brass is the best to form, trim ,full length size , trim and then load , Ya its a process but Im not spending 120 for a box of 20 ea ! Alan Thomas

I have been in the process of making my own brass as they want 6 a piece for factory stuff so Im making mine of 7mm remington mag and today I made 100 ea , with 100% reliability , my first load is a 250 gain S.P. using IMR 3031 @43 grains and my second load is the same 250 grain S.P. using H- 4895 @ 44 grains I tryed using other belted magnums but the case mouths to thick and the 7mm mag brass is the best to form, trim ,full length size , trim and then load , Ya its a process but Im not spending 120 for a box of 20 ea ! Alan Thomas
Good to hear it can be done, please explain the process of forming the brass.

Good to hear it can be done, please explain the process of forming the brass.
I bought a Redding form die in 350 R.M. 1/ I just lightly lube the case and run them through the Form die 2/ I bought a 2'' mini benchtop cut off saw from harbor Tool ( SKU 62136 or 42307) and a 1/2'' piece of copper tubing about 3 inches long that is to hold the case while I cut them to semi length . 3/ chamfer the inside and out side of case 4/ Full length size 5/ trim to 2.160 in my RCBS Pro Trimmer .

I bought a Redding form die in 350 R.M. 1/ I just lightly lube the case and run them through the Form die 2/ I bought a 2'' mini benchtop cut off saw from harbor Tool ( SKU 62136 or 42307) and a 1/2'' piece of copper tubing about 3 inches long that is to hold the case while I cut them to semi length . 3/ chamfer the inside and out side of case 4/ Full length size 5/ trim to 2.160 in my RCBS Pro Trimmer .
Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErrolKish0

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.