Another scammer ..... "hunt request"

TOM

AH elite
Joined
May 14, 2009
Messages
1,715
Reaction score
364
Location
Kansas City Metro
Media
41
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
6
Member of
SCI,DSC, QDMA, QU
Hunted
Africa, Europe, Asia, North America
I get these types of emails quite regularly. Some are more creative than others. Here is his email to me:


Hello Sir/Madam,

My name is Waldo Smith. I want to make reservation for 4 people from 17th to 25th November 2012


I will also like to know if you can provide the services listed below .

1. Taxidermy
2. Accommodation
3. Meals
4. Rifle Rent e.t.c

Kindly get back to me with your quotation.


You should also confirm if you have credit card facilities for advance payment.


Regards.


Waldo Smith

Wigginton. Banbury. Oxfordshire. OX15 5HL
England.
waldo_smith680@hotmail.com





And now my response:

Waldo,

Sounds great. I have you booked for four people on those dates. Mostly snipe hunting with some three toed gazork mixed in. We can use a credit card or wire transfer from a wealthy west african king, either is fine with me. I will set you up with a couple H&R single shot .410's that should be great on the gazorks and snipe. As for taxidermy, you can't go wrong with a full bodied snipe attacking the gazork. Such beautfiul animals deserve a mount like that in my opinion. The fee for such taxidermy work should be around $16,000 USD. Please wire funds as soon as possible. Tom
 
I'm from the UK. Just had a look at the post code (ZIP code if you're american). It's a golf club here in the UK.
 
Thankyou for confirming. I just knew it had to be bogus.
 
Gee, that's an expensive snipe hunt (LOL)!
 
Gee, that's an expensive snipe hunt (LOL)!

It's mostly due to the fact that he wants dates in the prime Gazork rut. He is lucky as I did find one outfitter with an opening who drags out SCI/B&C trophy gazork every year. You gotta pay to hunt the big ones!
 
What size gazork do you guarantee?

:laughing::laughing::laughing:
 
Hey Tom....Got any "free range" Sasquatch hunts available?
 
Thanks for the heads up Tom!
 
Any spots left open for wachamacalit left?
 
Hey Tom....Got any "free range" Sasquatch hunts available?

I do, but you must remember that the high fence Sasquatch tend to have better hair and your success rate will be higher....and a prettier trophy. BUT, there is something to be said for wild, free range Sasquatch with battle scars on his body and a "rougher" appearance.
 
I havent seen this one but got one today ostensibly from the FBI stating they had a couple million bucks waiting to send me as soon as we set up some accounts for my convenience!! All signed by Robert Mueller, director of the FBI! WOW!! I'm rich!! Wrote back and told them I was going to forward their email to the real FBI! What a bunch of losers!
 
If the FBI is going to give you a couple million BUCKS, you are goin to have to invest into some property here in Missouri to let them grow into their full potential. Did the FBI say what antler range? If they are above 150 I could house a few here in the back, I won't shoot them,,,,, I promise....:devil::biggrin2::beer:
 
We had same one but allso same style from a Gerald Blake allso from the UK.
 
I get these types of emails quite regularly. Some are more creative than others. Here is his email to me:


Hello Sir/Madam,

My name is Waldo Smith. I want to make reservation for 4 people from 17th to 25th November 2012


I will also like to know if you can provide the services listed below .

1. Taxidermy
2. Accommodation
3. Meals
4. Rifle Rent e.t.c

Kindly get back to me with your quotation.


You should also confirm if you have credit card facilities for advance payment.


Regards.


Waldo Smith

Wigginton. Banbury. Oxfordshire. OX15 5HL
England.
waldo_smith680@hotmail.com





And now my response:

Waldo,

Sounds great. I have you booked for four people on those dates. Mostly snipe hunting with some three toed gazork mixed in. We can use a credit card or wire transfer from a wealthy west african king, either is fine with me. I will set you up with a couple H&R single shot .410's that should be great on the gazorks and snipe. As for taxidermy, you can't go wrong with a full bodied snipe attacking the gazork. Such beautfiul animals deserve a mount like that in my opinion. The fee for such taxidermy work should be around $16,000 USD. Please wire funds as soon as possible. Tom

Good Answer to there Request Tom. LOL I got the same email last week I'll have to remember that answer. hahaha
 
I havent seen this one but got one today ostensibly from the FBI stating they had a couple million bucks waiting to send me as soon as we set up some accounts for my convenience!! All signed by Robert Mueller, director of the FBI! WOW!! I'm rich!! Wrote back and told them I was going to forward their email to the real FBI! What a bunch of losers!

I beleive that email was from the Fraternity of Bloody Idiots.
 
I do, but you must remember that the high fence Sasquatch tend to have better hair and your success rate will be higher....and a prettier trophy. BUT, there is something to be said for wild, free range Sasquatch with battle scars on his body and a "rougher" appearance.

Tom

I think I'll stick with the free range Sasquatch. I like my Sasquatch kida like me..."with a few battle scars and a rougher appearance" :-)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,301
Messages
1,572,117
Members
169,494
Latest member
EthanL7457
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top