Another New Member

Bundu Basher

New member
Joined
Dec 5, 2025
Messages
4
Reaction score
5
I stumbled upon this forum while looking for pictures of Mannlicher rifles for The Mannlicher Collector, the quarterly newsletter for the Mannlicher Collectors Association, which I edit. Don't be surprised if I come back to you asking permission to use pictures from the forum. Africa is sort of my thing. I have been 18 times (so far). Four of those trips were Army Reserve tours of duty. Half of the rest were hunting trips (all in Namibia) and the other half student groups taken to Botswana, Namibia, South Africa and Tanzania. I'm about to turn 71 so I'm not sure how many more trips I have in me. Best holiday wishes to you and yours. Kerry.
 
images (56).jpeg
 
:S Welcome:
 
Welcome to the site! Don't let your age hold you back. I'm 73 with one lung and I hunt Africa almost annually. Just stay in shape and be healthy.
 
Most of my first few trips were for the hunting and my wife went with me. She then moved towards horseback treks across the Namib and the Skeleton Coast while I hunted. I would leave the hunt to rendezvous with supplies for the riders then go back to the hunting. If/when I go back, I'll want her to go with, but she won't want to leave OUR horses, so we'll see. This last trip was a bit different. My gunsmith won a hunt at a Safari Club auction and he had me fill the spot which was meant for spouses, but his wife was not fit to travel. He and his son hunted (with good results). I took a ton of pictures (also with good results).
 
I think I mentioned that I edit The Mannlicher Collector newsletter. If anyone has good stories and /or good pix which include Mannlicher rifles, of any vintage, I'd love to include them (with permission) in future newsletters.
 
Good day! Welcome to AH!!
 
Welcome - please share some of the experiences you have had on your trips with us!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,272
Messages
1,571,206
Members
169,274
Latest member
VilmaKorne
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top