Another for the cabinet

James Adamson

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Namibia
Just picked up this 10 bore side by side. I had one years ago but it really did not fit me well at all, this one fits a lot better so we will see what happens when the season comes around. It's an Eibar made in Spain, a nice English gun by Tolley or Baker would be nice but they are harder to take out in the mud haha

20210715_202859.jpg

Last edited:
Nice piece James! I hope you put it to good use! I very much prefer a 10 bore to the 3 1/2 shells in 12 bores. The 10's push. The 12 3 1/2s kick. I think because the 10 bores are typically a bit heavier and that helps with recoil.

The last time I had a 10 bore I really struggled to find cartridges bigger than an American #4 (turkey loads) but now that gamebore is making the rhino cartridge with #1 and BB it will be good to see how I get on with it.

Congrats on the new addition!

I had a 10 ga briefly, but it gave me headaches every time I pulled the trigger! Best of luck with that fine looking 10 bore!

Where did you find it

There was a Spanish made Stoeger Zephyr 10 ga in my LGS last time I went in. Very tempting.

Where did you find it
A friend of mine was needing room in his cabinet and wasn't using it much so I bought it from him. There is always a few spanish side by side for sale here in the UK on guntrader, especially after the wildfowling season.

Very nice . Looks like an AYA Matador Boxlock Non Ejector with 32 inch fully choked barrels .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SavannahDo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg