Another for the cabinet

James Adamson

AH veteran
Joined
Dec 28, 2019
Messages
138
Reaction score
451
Location
Shetland
Media
60
Hunted
Namibia
Just picked up this 10 bore side by side. I had one years ago but it really did not fit me well at all, this one fits a lot better so we will see what happens when the season comes around. It's an Eibar made in Spain, a nice English gun by Tolley or Baker would be nice but they are harder to take out in the mud haha

20210715_202859.jpg
 
Last edited:
Nice piece James! I hope you put it to good use! I very much prefer a 10 bore to the 3 1/2 shells in 12 bores. The 10's push. The 12 3 1/2s kick. I think because the 10 bores are typically a bit heavier and that helps with recoil.
 
The last time I had a 10 bore I really struggled to find cartridges bigger than an American #4 (turkey loads) but now that gamebore is making the rhino cartridge with #1 and BB it will be good to see how I get on with it.
 
Congrats on the new addition!
 
I had a 10 ga briefly, but it gave me headaches every time I pulled the trigger! Best of luck with that fine looking 10 bore!
 
Where did you find it
 
There was a Spanish made Stoeger Zephyr 10 ga in my LGS last time I went in. Very tempting.
 
Where did you find it
A friend of mine was needing room in his cabinet and wasn't using it much so I bought it from him. There is always a few spanish side by side for sale here in the UK on guntrader, especially after the wildfowling season.
 
Very nice . Looks like an AYA Matador Boxlock Non Ejector with 32 inch fully choked barrels .
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,280
Messages
1,570,459
Members
168,887
Latest member
TrishaRrt1
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top