Another “hunt” from YouTube Cape Buffalo

When the feed wagon turns into the war wagon, kinda a sad video and definitely not sporting

my truck has those battle scars from when we feed range cubes and hay LOL

I had to stop watching after a minute or so, right around the moment the narrator said "In the interest of sport..." we will shoot a domesticated bull (that's looking as young as a teenager would) from the back of a truck with our bow. Just too bad "the arrow was ill-equipped".
Disgusting.

This should be condemned by everyone and all around.

All just more bullshit for tv and promotions....saddest part is the "clients" or as they call themselves "hunting consultants" and "senior hunting consultans" what a croc of bullshit....why do people pay to do this crap????
If there was no need there would be no market....

Journey hunts my ass...
Screenshot_20230609_180430_YouTube.jpg

All just more bullshit for tv and promotions....saddest part is the "clients" or as they call themselves "hunting consultants" and "senior hunting consultans" what a croc of bullshit....why do people pay to do this crap????
If there was no need there would be no market....

Journey hunts my ass...
View attachment 538814
I notice our hero has comments turned off on this posting over on YouTube.

That's the exact reason why I swore to myself to never ever hunt in SA. No matter which animal.

Well that was before joining this forum and getting to know that this reflects 0.5% or even less of the South African concession owners...

Limpopo area will probably have a new guest next year looking for a damn old, grumpy dugga boy... but you have to choose wisely who is worth your hard earned money...

I’ve posted this video before, but this is another “hunt” that should have been kept private. I can’t understand being proud of the trophy in either video.
Must have been a Texan client. Hunting over bait is pretty much the norm down there. ;)

Last edited:
Sorry, I forgot the emoji. By the way, hunting deer over bait is fairly common in Texas and entirely legal last time I was there.
Baiting is legal in many places so I wouldn’t single out Texans. I’ll agree that your comment was wholly unnecessary……

Having said that, no matter how abhorrent I find the videos in this thread, I do think that your point does have a touch of validity to it that can and perhaps should be discussed more broadly.

It seems to me that there is a spectrum in terms of acceptability that is largely based on species. The other factor being the manner in which the baiting is done. The technique as it were..

I believe they bait bears in Canada don’t they?
Here in Ontario, we bait for black bears. It is the best way to make sure you get a mature bear and don’t orphan any cubs. I spend hours in my ground blind just watching these awesome animals.
IMG_7436.jpeg

I have no problem with baiting, I’ve killed 3 animals over bait 2 wild pigs here in Alabama and a bushpig in RSA, I was just having a little fun with Ontario Hunter. The original post video was appalling, the one out of a blind with a pistol with his head in a hay bail was definitely not my cup of tea so to speak.

That's the exact reason why I swore to myself to never ever hunt in SA. No matter which animal.

Well that was before joining this forum and getting to know that this reflects 0.5% or even less of the South African concession owners...

Limpopo area will probably have a new guest next year looking for a damn old, grumpy dugga boy... but you have to choose wisely who is worth your hard earned money...
There is no reason to swear off hunting in South Africa, but don’t underestimate the percentage. Maybe 0.5% or less of hunts are conducted like this, but a significant percentage of buffalo bulls were bred on farms and released on to hunting farms either when young or post breeding. Like you said choose wisely.

There is no reason to swear off hunting in South Africa, but don’t underestimate the percentage. Maybe 0.5% or less of hunts are conducted like this, but a significant percentage of buffalo bulls were bred on farms and released on to hunting farms either when young or post breeding. Like you said choose wisely.
I've seen those farms from a distance.
Btw, the same can be said from Sable in SA. Bred & fed.

SAGA or the regulating bodies need to come in and condemn this. SouthAfrica's reputation cant absorb much more of this nonsense.
A lot of my criticisms would go away if certain practices were criticized by the hunting organizations or broadly by other outfitters in South Africa, but I’ve never seen it. The professional hunting organization in Namibia actively polices their members and have kept their hunting ethics reputation high because of it.

I have no problem with baiting, I’ve killed 3 animals over bait 2 wild pigs here in Alabama and a bushpig in RSA, I was just having a little fun with Ontario Hunter. The original post video was appalling, the one out of a blind with a pistol with his head in a hay bail was definitely not my cup of tea so to speak.
I’m with you on the no bueno por Yo hunting Africa over bait / hay / salt / water in a cinder block blind , I have a bunch of buddies who bow hunt Africa and all think I’m crazy to only desire a free range rifle hunting, but ain’t no way I’m hunting anything but a leopard on bait in a different country even with a bow

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maximo5631

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,