Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA

So, they are removing them from Save Valley conservancy. So, does that mean, no more hunting there?

I guess they are moving them from an area of “climate change” on the Save to an area that is not affected by climate change….. Don’t shoot me. I’m just repeating their stated logic.

“This reserve forms the middle-Zambezi biosphere, totaling 1.6 million acres," wrote Joubert. "From the 1950s until we took it over in 2017, decades of hunting had decimated wildlife populations in Sapi Reserve. We are rewilding and restoring the wild back to what it once was.”

Joubert at it again.

So, is the Save in a current drought?

O.M.G.

“This reserve forms the middle-Zambezi biosphere, totaling 1.6 million acres," wrote Joubert. "From the 1950s until we took it over in 2017, decades of hunting had decimated wildlife populations in Sapi Reserve. We are rewilding and restoring the wild back to what it once was.”

Joubert at it again.

This scam artist.

Sapi was teaming with wildlife and lots of trophy-quality animals when I was there in 2016. I believe I was the last safari in Sapi before hunting/fishing was shut down. The greens wanted to make it into a photo safari area and “outbid” the hunting/fishing operators in the area. Fast forward 6 years, no photo camps were built, no mandatory government fees were paid, no revenue brought in, and of course….NO anti-poaching patrols were run.

So I know this clown likes to say it was 1950-2017 hunting pressure that decimated Sapi, I’m here to tell you it was 2017-2022 open season on poaching by the absence of antipoaching pressure that caused the issues.

Evidence I’m not full of shit and he is? I paid to go there and there was a long line of hunters eager to hunt that storied, game rich area for over 50 years. We wouldn’t go if it wasn’t amazing, paying a super-premium to hunt and fish Sapi. Yet now 5 years into this guy’s photo-tourism intended custody they need to airlift in game from Save? Yeah, great job buddy.

This scam artist.

Sapi was teaming with wildlife and lots of trophy-quality animals when I was there in 2016. I believe I was the last safari in Sapi before hunting/fishing was shut down. The greens wanted to make it into a photo safari area and “outbid” the hunting/fishing operators in the area. Fast forward 6 years, no photo camps were built, no mandatory government fees were paid, no revenue brought in, and of course….NO anti-poaching patrols were run.

So I know this clown likes to say it was 1950-2017 hunting pressure that decimated Sapi, I’m here to tell you it was 2017-2022 open season on poaching by the absence of antipoaching pressure that caused the issues.

Evidence I’m not full of shit and he is? I paid to go there and there was a long line of hunters eager to hunt that storied, game rich area for over 50 years. We wouldn’t go if it wasn’t amazing, paying a super-premium to hunt and fish Sapi. Yet now 5 years into this guy’s photo-tourism intended custody they need to airlift in game from Save? Yeah, great job buddy.
One thing I know about Africa....places with strong hunting industry presence are where the animals flurish and places were hunting is outlawed are where the poachers decimate the animal populations into near or total extinction.

Last edited:
I was in save last week and filmed some hunting clients at the elephant capture for transport to sapi.The hunting area called save conservancy, run primarily on hunting dollars has been so successful that it is now supplying animals to the area which has been photographic for 6 years. During those 6 years, poaching has decimated the animals in sapi. A personal friend worked there- he didn't get paid for 3 months.it has nothing to do with climate change and everything to do with well managed hunting being better than photographic scam artists. Save trees are being decimated by an overpopulation of elephant.

So rest assured that hunting continues in save. In fact their elephant population will still be nearly double the carrying capacity of the area when they finish sending animals. And most of us zimbabweans believe the animals sent to sapi will be poached but at least the save conservancy will have some relief and at least the greenies will have finally paid for something useful. The jouberts have become a poster child for anti hunting- complete disregard for wildlife in the pursuit of personal enrichment and support of their own crackpot schemes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roll_the_Knob!

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.