An interesting/unusual FN Browning A5 "Humpback"

There was to the best of my knowledge a run of approximately 1000 combat Auto 5 for the south African police in the 70s, some where "exported" to Rhodesia and saw use there. But they were fitted with various types of rifle sights. I have friends that carried them there and found them very useful.
Very rare to find one reimported to North America.
I agree that this looks like some ones custom.

Regards
Pat

While the mag extension may seem attractive with a different bbl, as it stands, if you remove the bbl extension, it appears that the mag tube will extend way beyond the muzzle.......the muzzle of a now cyl bore 12 ga..........that may not work as well as one would hope...............FWB

Never seen one quite like that. According to “Browning Auto-5 Shotguns, The Belgiun FN Production” page 71:
1. G code is light weight series
2. 70k number places it 1957 date shipped.

The Rhodesian guns all had POL under the serial number.

Was the magazine extension tube manufactured by Berts Parson in Ft Scott, Kansas? If so those are desirable.

A 5 cartridge extension tube when set up correctly works very well in my experience.

Certainly extensive work has been done with a refinish and unusual barrel extension.

I would also offer the theory that the muzzle end of the barrel was damaged in some way and then repaired with an “extension” due to the barrel being marked with one * indicating full choke. Any short security forces barrel would most likely be marked *** or cylinder choke.
ACIER SPECIAL indicates special steel and a Non-North America marketed gun.

There was to the best of my knowledge a run of approximately 1000 combat Auto 5 for the south African police in the 70s, some where "exported" to Rhodesia and saw use there. But they were fitted with various types of rifle sights. I have friends that carried them there and found them very useful.
Very rare to find one reimported to North America.
I agree that this looks like some ones custom.

Regards
Pat
The gun is in South Africa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you