Always do as you Professional Hunter says

I have seen this type of thing happen on cow elk hunts more often than I would like. Usually the shooter thinks that he missed the first shot and then just keeps on shooting until one goes down when it is hit. In the end there are 3 or 4 cow elk laying on the ground instead of just one.

Without disclosing too much I witnessed this same misadventure on a bull elk hunt. The shooter is now deceased 10+ years but i still find myself laughing cause I remember asking "what the hell were u thinking". That gentleman had a lifetime hunt planned or not

I have seen this type of thing happen on cow elk hunts more often than I would like. Usually the shooter thinks that he missed the first shot and then just keeps on shooting until one goes down when it is hit. In the end there are 3 or 4 cow elk laying on the ground instead of just one.
Ouch.

Guy couldn’t even wait until the Buffalo were dead to start bragging on himself.

I’ll bet he was a joy to have in camp.

The hunter would not be the first person to make a mistake, then try to cover for it by saying it was intentional. I have no idea what his true intent was.....but I'm glad it's him and not me. I would not want my worst hunting screw-up posted on AH. Historically, there have been quite a few twofers on buff with a first shot pass thru..................thanks for posting....FWB

Although mistakes can be made, and just after a shot, with ears ringing, adrenaline pumping, and your focus on getting that second shot in, things happen...

But judging from the banter after the shot, it does seem to have been on purpose:
- Shooting a second animal, while the first is not down yet, is not done
- Shooting a second animal, against the wishes and without communicating the plan to the PH, is not done
- The whole attitude of the Hunter shooter, proud in downing two animals on purpose, again is not done.

This whole mess is very unbecoming of all involved. Both the shooter and his cheerleading buddies in the background.

The only person in that video coming out okay is the PH, who must have had tremendous self control not rip the rifle from the hands of that shooter, and bitch slapping him in the face.

V.

Many mistakes, even when they’re expensive, can be forgiven. Shooting while the PH yells “Wait! Wait!” is not forgiveable.

I’ve hunted with people like this before, and the video is a very good reminder of why I won’t hunt with them again.

Although mistakes can be made, and just after a shot, with ears ringing, adrenaline pumping, and your focus on getting that second shot in, things happen...

But judging from the banter after the shot, it does seem to have been on purpose:
- Shooting a second animal, while the first is not down yet, is not done
- Shooting a second animal, against the wishes and without communicating the plan to the PH, is not done
- The whole attitude of the Hunter shooter, proud in downing two animals on purpose, again is not done.

This whole mess is very unbecoming of all involved. Both the shooter and his cheerleading buddies in the background.

The only person in that video coming out okay is the PH, who must have had tremendous self control not rip the rifle from the hands of that shooter, and bitch slapping him in the face.

V.
I totally agree you took the words out of my head. I was just going to say the hunter is a douche of the highest magnitude and dare I say a twat.
1621540697920.png

Now seeing the size of that scope cover I would say he had that scope on max mag so all he may have seen was a dark patch. If it was intentional the guy is a massive prick if it wasnt he needs to listen in to the PH. The clue is in the title he is Professional Hunter. Does this day in day out lives and breaths it.
A similar thing happened once when I was in the services that soldier wasnt joking around like this guy was after the incident. Luckily it was on a range!!! The fact he was so nonchalant about it tells me a lot about this hunters moral fibre and maybe even why he hunts.

He seems like a glory hunter to me. You know the type that says to all his buddies I hunted this, that and the other because I can and I can pay for it.
I think most of us hunt for the hunt itself and being connected with nature. I wonder if this chap can even be called a hunter.

I totally agree you took the words out of my head. I was just going to say the hunter is a douche of the highest magnitude and dare I say a twat.
View attachment 403048

Now seeing the size of that scope cover I would say he had that scope on max mag so all he may have seen was a dark patch. If it was intentional the guy is a massive prick if it wasnt he needs to listen in to the PH. The clue is in the title he is Professional Hunter. Does this day in day out lives and breaths it.
A similar thing happened once when I was in the services that soldier wasnt joking around like this guy was after the incident. Luckily it was on a range!!! The fact he was so nonchalant about it tells me a lot about this hunters moral fibre and maybe even why he hunts.

He seems like a glory hunter to me. You know the type that says to all his buddies I hunted this, that and the other because I can and I can pay for it.
I think most of us hunt for the hunt itself and being connected with nature. I wonder if this chap can even be called a hunter.

Indeed, “what a twat” sums it up quite nicely

Hard to say from this clip but I’m inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. Stress and adrenaline affect folks differently. He may not even have heard his PH. I agree that his reaction was less than stellar.

Hard to say from this clip but I’m inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. Stress and adrenaline affect folks differently. He may not even have heard his PH. I agree that his reaction was less than stellar.

I would tend to agree to give him the benefit of the doubt. But someone being joyous and proud after unexpectedly shooting two buffalo after his PH told him differently… this reaction is not in line with someone who made an honest but tragic mistake.

I would tend to agree to give him the benefit of the doubt. But someone being joyous and proud after unexpectedly shooting two buffalo after his PH told him differently… this reaction is not in line with someone who made an honest but tragic mistake.

Agreed, that’s what I was referring to being less than stellar. Expensive mistake for sure!

He said “ I am going to be honest with you ,I saw them in the scope and I took them both.”
He ignored the PH . NOT COOL , just gun happy.

"I am going to be honest with you ,I saw them in the scope and I took them both"

By the time the truck rolls back into camp, the owner of the business should already be standing there ready to say, "That will be $30,000. Pack your stuff, we are leaving for the airport in 1 hour"

He said “ I am going to be honest with you ,I saw them in the scope and I took them both.”
He ignored the PH . NOT COOL , just gun happy.
See I said twat didnt I

"I am going to be honest with you ,I saw them in the scope and I took them both"

By the time the truck rolls back into camp, the owner of the business should already be standing there ready to say, "That will be $30,000. Pack your stuff, we are leaving for the airport in 1 hour"
I want to hope thats what happened but something tells me it didn't. If I was in camp with a moron like that good god I would avoid him live corona

Had a similar experience shooting mouflon, but in this case it was clearly the guide´s fault. The land owner apologized and said I could have the second at half price. I accepted.

Had a similar experience shooting mouflon, but in this case it was clearly the guide´s fault. The land owner apologized and said I could have the second at half price. I accepted.
well its nice that they admitted to it. I keep thinking about hunting mouflon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelbertBat

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross