All manner of creeping things

Deer Flys. Wicked things that hunt humans with open toed sandals, or bare feet, in canoes. They target your feet knowing dam well you will smash your little toe with a paddle trying to free yourself of the pest.

"When feeding, the females use scissor-like mandibles and maxillae to make a cross-shaped incision and then lap up the blood. Their bite can be painful. Anti-coagulants in the saliva of the fly prevents blood from clotting and may cause severe allergic reactions."

I add "and paddle injuries"

They track people underwater and target your head when you emerge. Devils own fly.
It sounds like the States have more baddies than Africa. At least you have a paddle, it must drive the deer mad. Speaking of which tsetse flies are sods as you know, not only suck your blood but leave a hard itchy welt. Buffalo are particularly prone to them because the black hide calls them in. That's why daga boys take to mud so.
2FB59225-611F-4D7D-B566-6BC43AEB3A37.jpeg

Oh Man, now these things are worse than Snakes, been stung twice by Scorpions both times carrying firewood once in Australia & once in Africa, had them in my tent, bedroom, bathroom !

Black Scoripon .JPG

Sitting in a small boma around a Braai fire & scorpions were pouring out & off the Braai slab like a horror film, must have been in the Braai wood !

Bitten by Ticks & had Tick fever & thought I was going to die for sure, leeches all over, not too dangerous other than infection of the bites but In Tassie I had one bite me on the back of the head while I was waiting for some Deer laying in the grass & first I knew was my back & butt was soaked from blood, like when you carry a Deer out, before that only had them in the water when after Water Buffalo !

Some of the worse pain would be Centipedes they are bloody mean & eat Scorpions for breakfast but the most pain I ever had was a Ant & I don't even know for sure what type, the pain was amazing & instantaneous & my hand was numb & useless for 24hrs, one of my Co workers was sting in the foot & was bed ridden for near two days, couldn't walk, he called it Electric Ant but I'm not sure, like a black Wasp with out wings ?

If it was used for interrogation I think the victim would talk after the first sting, maybe Centipedes & one type of huge Wasp I was stung by, I know I would tell all not to be stung again !

While I was in Japan I saw but luckily wasn't sting by a huge Hornet the size of a small bird, the locals said it can kill you if you were stung ?

Then all the bad things I have had from Mosquitoes, the worlds most dangerous creature !!

Guys I work with that have done military service in the Far East tell stories about camel ticks and camel spiders-apparently the very stuff nightmares are spawned from-

Oh shoot, I forgot Horse Flies. Talk about a nasty sting/bite. yeah, and very painful. I've seen a few here in GA, but in FL, they were as thick as the mosquitoes, specially in the swamp area. LOL

Oh Man, now these things are worse than Snakes, been stung twice by Scorpions both times carrying firewood once in Australia & once in Africa, had them in my tent, bedroom, bathroom !

View attachment 390204

Sitting in a small boma around a Braai fire & scorpions were pouring out & off the Braai slab like a horror film, must have been in the Braai wood !

Bitten by Ticks & had Tick fever & thought I was going to die for sure, leeches all over, not too dangerous other than infection of the bites but In Tassie I had one bite me on the back of the head while I was waiting for some Deer laying in the grass & first I knew was my back & butt was soaked from blood, like when you carry a Deer out, before that only had them in the water when after Water Buffalo !

Some of the worse pain would be Centipedes they are bloody mean & eat Scorpions for breakfast but the most pain I ever had was a Ant & I don't even know for sure what type, the pain was amazing & instantaneous & my hand was numb & useless for 24hrs, one of my Co workers was sting in the foot & was bed ridden for near two days, couldn't walk, he called it Electric Ant but I'm not sure, like a black Wasp with out wings ?

If it was used for interrogation I think the victim would talk after the first sting, maybe Centipedes & one type of huge Wasp I was stung by, I know I would tell all not to be stung again !

While I was in Japan I saw but luckily wasn't sting by a huge Hornet the size of a small bird, the locals said it can kill you if you were stung ?

Then all the bad things I have had from Mosquitoes, the worlds most dangerous creature !!
If I was ever sitting around a braai and saw something like that start streaming off the braai slab you would likely find me the next morning roughly a mile away clinging to a tree as leopard bait. Not even kidding. :Facepalm:

Oh shoot, I forgot Horse Flies. Talk about a nasty sting/bite. yeah, and very painful. I've seen a few here in GA, but in FL, they were as thick as the mosquitoes, specially in the swamp area. LOL
There are plenty of them where I live in GA. Nasty things, worse than mosquitoes.

View attachment 390204

Perhaps a chance encounter with a "murder hornet"??

horse flies and deer flies. jayZUS those things hurt when they bite.

centipedes. they inject venom when they bite. that's why they hurt so much.

there was never a shortage of black widow spiders in my barn when I lived up in Coldspring, Texas.

I think I hate yellow jackets more than anything. I'll wake up in the middle of the night 4 nights later, feeling like I'm being stung again. and it's NEVER just 1 or 2, it's half the effing colony. when i see yellow jacket nests, i do not pass Go, do not collect $200...I go straight to my shed and mix up some insecticide. Red wasps don't feel great, but I've never seen them nearly as aggressive as yellow jackets. I'm not even sure bald faced hornets are as aggressive as yellow jackets. Hate 'em.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stitchcart

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg