Airlines To Johannesberg

Here's a shameless plug for emirates:

Ending tonight: Business class fares from Chicago, NYC, DC, Boston on Emirates to Jo'Burg for $3900 round trip and $4600 Harare round trip.

Steal of a deal.

Coach is on sale for $1300 USA to Harare. I cannot believe they can fly around the world for $1300 considering that's what my weekly flight Florida to Seattle on American Airlines in a crappy Super 80 cost just ten years ago. Enjoy.

Travel Express--What prices are you seeing for clients on Emirates to jnb from JFK for summer travel?
Slam 8031 -I'm seeing some fares for June in the $1200 range which is a "sale" ending in mid-March, a little higher in July. Hope this helps!

Ending tonight: Business class fares from Chicago, NYC, DC, Boston on Emirates to Jo'Burg for $3900 round trip and $4600 Harare round trip.

Steal of a deal.

Coach is on sale for $1300 USA to Harare. I cannot believe they can fly around the world for $1300 considering that's what my weekly flight Florida to Seattle on American Airlines in a crappy Super 80 cost just ten years ago. Enjoy.

A steal of a deal for some that can afford it. You have to figure that for a lot of the members here that is almost the cost of their hunt in Africa.
I am 6'4" and 240lbs and I had no problems on coach on South African Airlines with my round trip from Denver, Co to Port Elizabeth through Joburg costing only $1900.

I just paid $1703 round trip fro Idaho Falls to Joburg with Comfort Plus from delta. That's hard to beat being that it's non stop from Atlanta. Every stop you run the risk of not having your luggage make it. I know of a guy who flew SAA and they took his luggage off by mistake in Dakar, took almost a month for them to find it! I don't like long lay overs, if it takes another day in transit I can work that day and make up a lot of the savings and not use up a precious vacation day.

Reactions: lcq
I just paid $1703 round trip fro Idaho Falls to Joburg with Comfort Plus from delta. That's hard to beat being that it's non stop from Atlanta. Every stop you run the risk of not having your luggage make it. I know of a guy who flew SAA and they took his luggage off by mistake in Dakar, took almost a month for them to find it! I don't like long lay overs, if it takes another day in transit I can work that day and make up a lot of the savings and not use up a precious vacation day.

I booked late last year and it was the same as last May. Cattle class out of Montreal . Mtl-->Atl --> Jnb return $1100 Canadian $825 US.

LCQ,

Wow, that's a cheap as I have seen! Especially for a direct as possible route like that

This is actually a good idea if the hunter is happy with the outfitter and ph from previous hunts. Own duplicate rifles and scopes (easy to do unless you own a Rigby and Schmidt and Bender) and a few other things, then leave a set there if you know you will continue to hunt there.

with respect you cant just leave your "spare set" of rifles with the outfitter/ph...........a lot of complications would ensue , some not fun....

LCQ,

Wow, that's a cheap as I have seen! Especially for a direct as possible route like that
Yes I've never been able to get from Idaho to the east coast cheaply, the price from Atlanta To Joburg seems good. I t also makes a difference when you go, peak seasons are always a couple hundred bucks or more.

LCQ,

I think it must have something to do with taxes for international travel. I tried booking through the US and it came out considerably more expensive. That said any flight from the US to the US is worlds cheaper in America. I drive 2.5 hrs to Montreal rent a hotel for the night and leave the car for 2 weeks $151 shuttle to and from the airport included, way cheaper and more direct than from Ottawa or Toronto

This is actually a good idea if the hunter is happy with the outfitter and ph from previous hunts. Own duplicate rifles and scopes (easy to do unless you own a Rigby and Schmidt and Bender) and a few other things, then leave a set there if you know you will continue to hunt there. Then you could get by with a backpack carry on and a medium to large gym bag. Travel would be much easier from an airport point of view, but it would do nothing for the 15 hours in the air!!!

i didnt think you could leave any firearm in africa,what you bring better go back with you???

i didnt think you could leave any firearm in africa,what you bring better go back with you???

legally you can't but I've seen how disorganized they are and if I'm not mistaken everything is on paper, easy to forget and get lost. just an observation

legally you can't but I've seen how disorganized they are and if I'm not mistaken everything is on paper, easy to forget and get lost. just an observation

and what happens when you return to your country without the firearms you left with?........and i guarantee not one outfitter/ph would want an illegal firearm anywhere near them or their property!

For the US I don't think that they would care if you came back without the firearm that you left with. There are no records kept saying what you left with. But doesn't the SAP's 520 ask for the duration of your trip? I do know that they ask where the firearms are going to be located at. This is for at least South Africa.

I would love to be in a situation where I could afford to leave a couple of rifles somewhere on the chance that I was going to return the next year.

and what happens when you return to your country without the firearms you left with?........and i guarantee not one outfitter/ph would want an illegal firearm anywhere near them or their property!
I personally know of two different outfitters/ PHs who have illegal firearms, one a client left and the the other had one dismantled and mailed in pieces. Just because you wouldn't don't assume everyone feels the same.

In Canada absolutely nothing. You are issued a permit for scope, gun and ammo but it will only be checked if you come back with it. What happens in Africa Stays in Africa ;)

In Canada absolutely nothing. You are issued a permit for scope, gun and ammo but it will only be checked if you come back with it. What happens in Africa Stays in Africa ;)
ICQ, in many cases (about 75% of the time in my experience), you need Canada Customs to sign the export permit upon your return to Canada, certifying that the rifle and others controlled goods have come back to Canada. In one case I got the signature, but forgot to send it to DFAIT in Ottawa. Some months later I received a request to provide the evidence of return in order to close out the permit.

I wouldn't want to have left the firearm in Africa, and I'd suggest that to do so is a violation of the permit and the law in Canada. Do it once, get caught, and you won't be exporting anything to Africa!

Mike, some years ago Canada banned hunters from taking firearms to Zimbabwe. I had a number of hunts planned there, and I didn't like renting a firearm. I gave my PH some money, which he used to buy a firearm, coincidentally exactly the same as one I would have left behind. He was free to rent it out to people, and make some spare cash, and whenever I was in country, he would let me use it, at no charge. The upside was that he'd use some of his rental earnings to buy ammo, so I wouldn't have to pay for it when I was there.

From my perspective, it was six of one, half a dozen of the other. I would have paid for a gun, and left it there, if I could have, and now I gave a PH a big tip (about the same as the cost of a gun), and I have a gun there. Cost was pretty much a wash.

I would think the same system would work in South Africa, so long as it is clear that legally, the South African resident owns the gun.

Steal of a deal.

Rookhawk, I think Emirates is a great airline (especially in business class), and these are great fares.

However, they are one of the airlines which have banned airline trophies as cargo (http://www.skycargo.com/english/support/shipping-updates/index.aspx). If you want to fly them, feel free, of course, but know that you are giving your money to people who actively attempt to harm our sport.

Goeie Naand,

I am looking for flights into Jo-Berg in July, from the States We have flown on South African air. Delta, and K.L.M Several times before, now the search is showing up Emirates, and Qatar are a lot cheaper than the first 3 above, Does any body have any thing to say about the last 2 airlines.

Such as bringing firearms, ammo thus needing permits like in Amsterdam? or anything that I should be aware of, I am bringing over friends and family with us (six or seven) and Really don't need any problems or headaches.
Thank you for your for your help
I recommend calling Steve Turner, he operates Travel with Guns in San Antonio, Tx. He's booked three trips for us. He will put together a bound comprehensive detailed itinerary. We flew Emirates twice. The jets are newer and have lots of leg room for Economy. Their cuisine has one awards. I had know idea airline food could win awards. Emirates was also the most affordable. Out of Dallas we had a straight 15 hours to Dubai then another 8 to Joburg. I think its the best route and airline. Ask Jennifer Aniston!

All you guys who have or will be flying Emirates, what is the total travel time, and what is the flight times from US to Dubai, then Dubai to Joburg. I wouldn't mind trying it out someday if its nope supr long, I am one who loves to get there as quick as possible, thus Delta - ATL to Joburg
DFW to Dubai is 15 hours and another 8 to JoBurg. Dubai layover varies from 3-10 hours. We got hotel rooms for half day and hired a tour guide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MUABritney

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross