AH Hunting Trip...

Nathan that sounds like a great Idea let me know how things are going, plan on being in your neck of the woods this fall for deer planning on hunting the land between the lakes and will be passing through your area. be a good time for a beer. :D Beers:

Don't nobody know what a sidehill salmon is??

Pretty much. Alaska fisherman are infamous for shooting deer on the beach, hence the name.

Funny how these things come about (and get named).

Nathan that sounds like a great Idea let me know how things are going, plan on being in your neck of the woods this fall for deer planning on hunting the land between the lakes and will be passing through your area. be a good time for a beer. :D Beers:

Bob, let me know what dates you may be passing through and we can get togeather for a bite and chew the fat for a bit.(y)

A deer obtained in murky circumstances?
Pretty much. Alaska fisherman are infamous for shooting deer on the beach, hence the name.

is it wrong to hunt a deer while flicking lures along , a river / stream .....?
bloody hope not we do it every xmas, when between 6 and 16 of us go on our blast and cast......

A little history behind the shooting deer on the beach in Alaska for those of you not Familiar with hunting Sitka Blacktail Deer in Alaska. The deer season in Alaska is from August til Jan bucks only durring Aug & Sept the weather is still very warm and the deer are in the High Country to escape the bugs and when you do manage to get one the bears hear the shot and as far as their concerned that's a dinner bell. so a lot of hunters wait for the later season where they can hunt either sex. Oct - Jan usaully means snow on the ground sometime 3 or 4 feet of it so deer go to the beach to eat the kelp that floats in because they can't get to the grass and the hunters go to the beach to shoot the deer. and no bluey it's not wrong several times I've put bear meat in the freezer while out salmon fishing.

With the 'occasional' deer taken on the beach out of season.:rolleyes: SE Alaska has so many deer I doubt you could take them all if the season were open year round, either sex.

Which brings to mind if you guys are going in the fall think of a deer tag as well, nothing wrong with some camp meat to go with the Dungeness Crab and ringing a few dinner bells as well. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking 1 or 2 may pocket a deer tag.

Fished POW just last fall (Sept). Fished with black bear on two separate occasions during my 6 days there. Inexpensive and can go home with late run silvers and bear. Not sure if the deer season is open at that time, but they are like rabbits and will come to within 10yds of you. I was thinking about doing this exact hunt in 2016...if you are going in 2016 hit me up...I will go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross