African Safari Books

alg22

AH senior member
Reaction score
$1+ as a placeholder while I do research and after ammo/reloading gear

Here are my father-in-laws Safari books from 1 bin.

Let me know if any are of interest to you. Appreciate advice on value.

IMG_0864.jpeg

IMG_0865.jpeg
IMG_0866.jpeg
IMG_0867.jpeg

Hello, I would be interested. Where are you located? If you are in the US, would you consider sending to the EU?
Thanks,
V.

Let me know what you want for the African Rifles and Cartridges by John Taylor, American Hunting Rifles & Safari Rifles by Boddington.

I could be interested in the Capstick books and the African Rifles and Cartridges by John Taylor, American Hunting Rifles & Safari Rifles by Boddington. Price depending of course....

I would be interested in.....Pondoro, white hunters, Mahohboh, the last Ivory hunter, African Rifles & Cartridges, the perfect show

Also if you come across anything by Tony Arino Sanchez.... I'd be interested as well.

Please send me PM with prices - I'm located in the USA FYI

Last edited:
Good books - watching for more...

Sold books on Ebay can give a decent rage of prices. I would be interested in African Hunter by Mellon

Alg22

I have interest in the following books:
White Hunter
Encyclopedia of Big Game Animals in Africa
Finn Aagard- Selected Works
The Perfect Shot- Robertson

I would appreciate a price quote and shipping cost.

Thanks

Check your in box for a PM.

Hey. Had a chance to do some research and take a closer look at the books. Discovered my FIL as active member of the Safari club has several Boddington books with personal messages signed by Craig Boddington. Also has first edition signed copy 307 of Prothero's Safari A Dangerous Affair. Many of these are in mint condition where it would be hard to tell from new. Some have damage on the dust sleeve but rest is fine. Anyways, making the decision harder to part ways.

In adding up values from best I can find in Amazon/eBay/AbeBooks, the value for all books is in the $1500-1700 range. I added to my spreadsheet. Right now, I prefer not to sell individually. Need to hold off until I have more time available. I would consider an offer that would be for the entire collection or in groups.

thanks everyone for your patience.
Quick update: I am picking out the few that have sentimental value that will keep.

1634593125029.png

Last edited:
Reading these would make me want to spend more money I don't have lol. Any talk about the rifles or cartridges. Any other books other then safari stuff.

Yes. There are couple more bins of books reloading and general shooting,.. Will have another thread for those when I get to them.

John Taylor books arrived today. They're in surprisingly great shape! A pleasure doing business.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vilianagmp

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg