AfricaHunting.com to be updated

Is the "what's trending ?" coming back? I liked that.

Or if it's still there I can't find it.
It’s on the list just have not gotten to it yet. Trying to keep all of the features that we used all the time and add some things that members have been asking for. A few more things to come... maybe finished early next week.

OK! I am on board. Love the new and improved font (read bigger) and the slightly larger play box. Everyone will have forgotten the old format in another 60 days.

OK! I am on board. Love the new and improved font (read bigger) and the slightly larger play box. Everyone will have forgotten the old format in another 60 days.
Thanks @Red Leg, I'm glad that you noticed! Yes I did indeed increase the font size after reading the comments which I really appreciate and consider. Still working on some elements but we're getting there. Thanks for the feedback, it's good to know we're moving into the right direction.

Hi @mark-hunter, Very strange I tested the main three browsers and no issue. What browser are you using? What exactly doesn't work? thx, Jerome

Today, it works!
I am using google, and google crome browser, but earlier, when posted my question "search" option was not working. So I was searching via google, and it worked like that.

But, today it works. problem solved.

I guess what I’m trying to say is in the past when I logged out of AH and whenever I reopened it I was automatically still logged in. Now each time I reopen I need to input my info once again. Is this now the new norm?

By "logged out" I'm assuming you mean you're closing your browser and not truly logging out of AH each time you're done.

When on the log in page there is an option right below your password that says "stay logged in" make sure it is checked. If not, you'll log out when browser shuts down.

I guess what I’m trying to say is in the past when I logged out of AH and whenever I reopened it I was automatically still logged in. Now each time I reopen I need to input my info once again. Is this now the new norm?
Well if you log out, you will be logged out and you will need to log back in when you return. If you leave your device logged in and reopen it you will not have to log back in each and everytime.

Last edited:
What happened to the "Mark All Post Read" ??????

I have been enjoying just going to New Post which was also moved and then once done scanning it I'll just mark all post read so that I have a clean screen to come back to for the next click on New Post

What happened to the "Mark All Post Read" ??????

I have been enjoying just going to New Post which was also moved and then once done scanning it I'll just mark all post read so that I have a clean screen to come back to for the next click on New Post

It's there - on the "New Posts" page it's on the right at the top - "mark forums read."

Thanks I see it now it's all the way to the right.

Need to get a second line for all the things to click on up there.

Congratulations Jerome (@AfricaHunting.com)! I know by experience the considerable amount of work you undertook, and I am impressed at the speed and efficiency with which you conducted the roll out...

For me: search option doesnt work. whatever I type, it doesnt show up.
The only way to search the forum for me, is to go to google, and type "africa hunting forum + XY subject" then google runs the search.
I had this experience in the past, and I came to the conclusion that the integrated search engine appears to only work in the forum from which it is activated. To search the entire forum, I have had good luck first clicking on the "Home" tab. This seems to allow the search engine to search the entire forum.

I would add that when the assistant moves a picture from its original post to a new thread it automatically adds that thread to my "watched" list. Makes it extremely frustrating to go back and "unwatch" every picture I post. Something to think about while you are making changes, Thanks
I would suggest that the assistant WOULD NOT add every pic attached to every post into a member's media folder. There are 3 reasons for this suggestion:
1- some pics are very post-related and make sense within a post but do not make much sense as stand alone in a member's media folder.
2- some same pics are attached to different posts in different threads. The assistant systematically adding them to the media folder often results in duplication.
3- whenever the assistant adds a pic to the media folder this automatically subscribes the member to "watch" the media category, and it triggers a cascade of notifications whenever anyone adds pics to the category. I personally dislike this as I prefer to be notified only of what I select (e.g. conversations to which I participate), and it is inconvenient to have to go "unwatch" the category every time this happens... SUGGESTION: maybe a pop up windows could be activated whenever a pic is attached to a post, with the question: "Do you also want to add this pic to your media folder?"

A few additional thoughts:

1) In the profile section on the left of the post, I would suggest replacing "Reaction score" with "Likes" (as ti was) if what are counted are the likes. If all reactions are counted, the logical way would be to show counts for likes, dislikes, loves, laughs, etc. Things would become a little complicated...

2) For long pages where the banners space on the right is mostly empty after half the page, I would suggest filling the empty space with rolling out again the advertiser banners as many times as needed to fill the space. This would provide value to both members, site, and industry.

3) I had found very convenient to have the hyperlinked name of the poster at the end of each post in the "posted by xxxx at xxxx time". Using copy/past of the hyperlinked name it was easy to mention a few folks in a post and automatically flag to them that their post was discussed in a reply. I would suggest continuing to do this.

Thx
P

Yellow without borders is the most difficult color for me to see. Much more difficult now.....just me. ...I'll adapt..............FWB

Yellow without borders is the most difficult color for me to see. Much more difficult now.....just me. ...I'll adapt..............FWB

Don´t care much about yellow myself !

With my older eyes the yellow does distract.

But then the majority of other forums that I am on offer a dark mode that puts a darker background with white lettering, which makes it a lot easier to read.

I would like to let everyone know that the transition is now completed and thank everyone for their input and patience, I'm sorry I have been so busy, it's been an intense 10 days. If I have not answered everyone please forgive me. I may take some of your suggestions into consideration in the future but for now the time being the process is complete.

I wanted to point out a couple of new features that I though would add to the experience. Many of you may have noticed that the Photos & Videos gallery is now named Media. Your personal albums are linked under your avatar, also named Media. There is also a new link to your Hunting reports under your avatar which will link to your African hunting reports if you have posted any. Articles that you have posted will also show under that.

Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 3.03.43 PM.jpg

In addition to more Smilies there is now a feature called GIPHY which will let you search and post for gifs and memes. The button is right there next to the left of the Smilies button.

Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 7.36.52 PM.png

We also have a new section called Resources where eventually all of our sponsors will be listed in categories where you'll be able to join an ongoing discussion with them or leave a quick review if you've ever used their products, services or hunted with them. It also feature a star rating system which will be linked to their member's account. If you're not into writing lengthy reports this is a great opportunity to share your experience with the company in an easy way.

For those of you who were afraid because the trending feature in the menu was missing for a few days, fear not it is back.

There are plenty of new features and functionality, the best way to discover them is to poke around the site.

Hope everybody is getting used to it...

I have been gone for a couple of weeks and am still figuring things out. Overall it looks great Jerome!

The Avatars are larger and easier to view, which makes you look really young. Never realized Royal had such a long black nose!?!?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imogen6571

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois