Africa hunting season may be short this year

Attached a full document with the different levels. We are now level 4 . I do believe there will be a lot of problems with implementing it as well as the Interpretation by Enforcement agencies.

I guess only time will tell. So this is PROOF NO BAN on hunting it is the travel restrictions that causes the problem .

Attachments

• 2020 04 25 Permitted goods, services and movement (Public Version).pdf
    286.9 KB · Views: 95
Last edited by a moderator:
While this is certainly possible, there are drastic changes around the world due to this situation almost daily. Every prediction has been wrong.

I am realistic enough to know theres a good chance my lifelong dream slated to happen in Aug is likely to be postponed, so I'm not getting my hopes up but its shocking to me how many people choose to have such a negative outlook and take every single bit of negative news a d predictions as gospel when they're repeatedly being proven wrong.

Just relax and take the facts day by day or week by week people. We have absolutely 0% control over this, the government's are gathering power based on fear and buying into can only make this worse and longer. Stay positive and do what you have to do to get through this with your sanity and livelihood so we can all support each other and outfitters and businesses as soon as possible

This was forwarded to me by my PH and friend Sakkie Botha at Mt Kudu Safaris. God bless everyone as we go through this tuff time together as one world. Aka Chinese fire drill.

APRIL 23, 2020 PHASA PRESIDENT MESSAGE.

Well that video is discouraging to say the least. I was to leave for Russia tomorrow to hunt brown bear which was cancelled weeks ago. Scheduled for Africa August 14. Prayerfully something changes however it doesn't look promising.

Just in contact with Abri at Lalamanzi where I was planning to hunt this coming early Sept. He feels as do I that hunting may not commence at least in RSA until the last quarter, or October. One can hope it does better than that, but I for one like to know what is going to happen and when and have no plans to wonder all summer long if a Sept hunt is going to happen or not, not going to be upset and anxious all summer about it.
So we agreed to postpone this hunt.
If this were my first trip over I might feel differently, but in this case I lack that desperation for the first trip. I really hate uncertainty and that is where the world is now and for the near future. Who knows when things really turn around.

So for now its off, we will look at next year.

I have never liked Oct hunting because of the heat.....but this year I would suck it up.........Here's hoping for the best for all my African friends...........and hoping that the Antis and the Snowflakes can't use this crisis to their advantage.....FWB

There are lots of things that may be messed up beyond October even. Flying is going to be way more complicated, who knows which countries might require a certificate of health stating no Covid. Thing is you can have the test, be cleared and walk down the street and contract the virus. Now you aint clean anymore. Or on the flight down. If that happened on one of these long flights, well guess what, you can spend your hunting trip in quarantine. Not my idea of a good time!

And likely no vaccine until late next year or the year after!

It would be different if for some reason other than this, that a later date was required, but there are just too many potential complications with this crud. Who needs all that uncertainty? Not me. I will wait until at least next year.

Holy Smokes! September for peak? That is what many of us feared.:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dianne1092

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.