www.buckstix.com
Media
Member of
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunted
US - CANADA
A Special Custom Double Rifle to Hunt Rare Dangerous Game in Wisconsin, USA

Hello All,

Most of you have probably never seen these rare Dangerous Animals before. Well, they have infiltrated the suburbs here in Wisconsin. It is believed they mutated by drinking the discharge water from one of our Nuclear Power Plants. Subsequent in-breeding has further altered their ravenous behavior to the point that unprovoked attacks on animals and people have become an all to often serious occurrence.

Here are a few pictures of various mutations of the vicious WISCONSIN KILLER RABBIT.

KILLER-RABBIT-1.jpg
KILLER-RABBIT-2.jpg
KILLER-RABBIT-3.jpg

I have taken it upon myself to help combat these satanic creatures.

As you know, a Double Rifle is designed for that quick second shot in case the dangerous animal charges. Such is the case here. If the first shot fails to stop a charge, the second shot is quick to finish the job. Although I have a battery of double rifles to choose from, ranging in calibers from 7x65R, up-to 700 NE, none of them really fit the bill for the task at hand, namely hunting these Dangerous Animals.

I needed a very special Double Rifle. It had to be in a caliber that was quiet for use in populated suburban areas, and it had to be fast-handling for the quick and nimble game to be hunted. It also had to be light weight to carry - in case a rapid run-away departure was required to retreat from a charging pack of the killers.

So .... I contacted Aaron Little to build me a Special Double Rifle of my design. It would be used exclusively to Hunt-Down and Kill these Mutated WISCONSIN KILLER RABBITS. You may recall that Aaron built my custom 700NE back in 2016.

As he had done for me in the past, Aaron came through with a wonderful rifle specifically designed for the upcoming hunt of these Vicious Devils. The workmanship is absolutely Flaw-Less.

Here are the specifications:

Make: A.M. Little Bespoke Custom Armsco Box-Lock
Caliber: 25 acp
Action: Engraved Scalloped Boxlock w/ Extractors
Barrels: Monoblock 23-1/2" Lothar Walther
Rear Sight: 2 Leaf Express Rear Sight - 1 Standing, 1 Folding on Raised Quarter Rib
Front Sight: Raised Ramp with Gold Bead and Flip-up Ivory Night Sight
Stock: Checkered Straight Grip AA Fancy Turkish Walnut w/ checkered Butt Plate
Forend: Checkered AA Fancy Turkish Walnut w/ Deeley Release
LOP: 14-5/8"
Weight: 6 pounds 11 ounces - 6 pounds 11.1 ounce loaded
Safety: Non-Automatic

Muzzle Energy: 90 ft/lbs
Recoil Energy: 1/10 ft/lbs

Regulation: 30 yards

Here are some pictures.

armsco-0.jpg
armsco-1.jpg
armsco-2.jpg
armsco-3.jpg
armsco-4.jpg
armsco-5.jpg
armsco-6.jpg
armsco-7.jpg
armsco-8.jpg
armsco-9.jpg
armsco-90.jpg
armsco-91.jpg
armsco-92.jpg
armsco-93.jpg
armsco-94.jpg
armsco-95.jpg

Regulation was tested with 3 kinds of Factory Ammo. Future hand-loads are sure to improve performance.

25acp-regulation.jpg

Never before has the World seen a center-fire Double Rifle in such a diminutive caliber as the 25acp. As a side note, this is a true ONE-OF-KIND. Once all the WISCONSIN KILLER RABBITS have been eradicated, I'm sure to have a lot of fun shooting this one along side my 700NE. Its great to have the BIGGEST and the SMALLEST Double Rifle in my collection. I now have a Double Rifle in a really big center-fire caliber, and one in a really small center-fire caliber. So, now I'm ready for anything on the planet.

25vs700.jpg

Comparing the ballistics of these two extreme double rifles shows following:

Weight:
700NE = 18 lbs 10 oz
25acp = 6 lbs 11 oz

Bullet Weight:
700NE = 1000 gr
25acp = 50 gr

Bullet Velocity:
700NE = 2000 ft/sec
25acp = 890 ft/sec

Recoil Energy:
700NE = 150 ft/lb
25acp = 1/10 ft/lb

Muzzle Energy:
700NE = 8,900 ft/lbs
25acp = 90 ft/lbs

By the Way ...... The rifle performed flawlessly ..

dead-rabbits.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! I suspected this diminutive double will provide you with hours and hours of shooting enjoyment!

Sweet gun, but I've ran into these "rabbits" before, and you're just kidding yourself even if you had a double in one of the .40+ calibers. You may feel safe behind that rifle, but that's an illusion. There have been thousands of "rabbit related deaths" in my home state, with these particular "zombie rabbits". Even hunting from a tree stand is not safe, as they can jump tremendous heights. Your best bet when confronted by one is to drop the weapon and run for your life. Don't be angry, I'm trying to save your life here. You can thank me later.

J.

If this is real I'd make sure to never note where you live, you just admitted to having what? tens of thousands if not potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars in double rifles...

Anyways, congrats, still a dream of mine to own just one double in a stopper caliber. Seems you've got a bit of a mecca for many who hold this dream of owning a double.

I'd love to see a video of you shooting them all, kind of give a person a comparison of what recoil is like in a wide range of doubles and calibers. Helps to let us live vicariously through you.

I'm off to shoot my EDC 9mm and test some Federal 147gr HSTs now.

I remember seeing a nice 22lr double at the DSC. I was rather tempted by it just for fun

If this is real I'd make sure to never note where you live, you just admitted to having what? tens of thousands if not potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars in double rifles...

Anyways, congrats, still a dream of mine to own just one double in a stopper caliber. Seems you've got a bit of a mecca for many who hold this dream of owning a double.

I'd love to see a video of you shooting them all, kind of give a person a comparison of what recoil is like in a wide range of doubles and calibers. Helps to let us live vicariously through you.

I'm off to shoot my EDC 9mm and test some Federal 147gr HSTs now.
I'm in the same boat....when it comes to doubles, I have to "live vicariously" through others. I could buy a Porsche or two for that kind of money, if I had that kind of money to spend on rifles.o_O

I sold off 10 of my double rifles in the RIA last Fall to buy the hunting land I've been leasing for the last 47 years .... there were a lot of good deals there ... I'm compensating my sadness at their loss by having this FUN 25acp double rifle. ..

I sold off 10 of my double rifles in the RIA last Fall to buy the hunting land I've been leasing for the last 47 years .... there were a lot of good deals there ... I'm compensating my sadness at their loss by having this FUN 25acp double rifle. ..
Well done sir!… and I know about sacrificing in ordering to buy acreage.

May I ask how the decision on .25acp came to be?

Cool rifle @buckstix, Arron does very nice work, sure wish I could get him to put my 8 bore together .

Say why did you not do a 25/20 if you wanted a small .25 ?

I decided on the 25acp because its the only 25 caliber that has never been chambered in a double rifle. I've seen 25-20 doubles before. I want a true "one-of-a-kind" that no one would likely duplicate..

A Special Custom Double Rifle to Hunt Rare Dangerous Game in Wisconsin, USA

Hello All,

Most of you have probably never seen these rare Dangerous Animals before. Well, they have infiltrated the suburbs here in Wisconsin. It is believed they mutated by drinking the discharge water from one of our Nuclear Power Plants. Subsequent in-breeding has further altered their ravenous behavior to the point that unprovoked attacks on animals and people have become an all to often serious occurrence.

Here are a few pictures of various mutations of the vicious WISCONSIN KILLER RABBIT.

View attachment 448379View attachment 448380View attachment 448381

I have taken it upon myself to help combat these satanic creatures.

As you know, a Double Rifle is designed for that quick second shot in case the dangerous animal charges. Such is the case here. If the first shot fails to stop a charge, the second shot is quick to finish the job. Although I have a battery of double rifles to choose from, ranging in calibers from 7x65R, up-to 700 NE, none of them really fit the bill for the task at hand, namely hunting these Dangerous Animals.

I needed a very special Double Rifle. It had to be in a caliber that was quiet for use in populated suburban areas, and it had to be fast-handling for the quick and nimble game to be hunted. It also had to be light weight to carry - in case a rapid run-away departure was required to retreat from a charging pack of the killers.

So .... I contacted Aaron Little to build me a Special Double Rifle of my design. It would be used exclusively to Hunt-Down and Kill these Mutated WISCONSIN KILLER RABBITS. You may recall that Aaron built my custom 700NE back in 2016.

As he had done for me in the past, Aaron came through with a wonderful rifle specifically designed for the upcoming hunt of these Vicious Devils. The workmanship is absolutely Flaw-Less.

Here are the specifications:

Make: A.M. Little Bespoke Custom Armsco Box-Lock
Caliber: 25 acp
Action: Engraved Scalloped Boxlock w/ Extractors
Barrels: Monoblock 23-1/2" Lothar Walther
Rear Sight: 2 Leaf Express Rear Sight - 1 Standing, 1 Folding on Raised Quarter Rib
Front Sight: Raised Ramp with Gold Bead and Flip-up Ivory Night Sight
Stock: Checkered Straight Grip AA Fancy Turkish Walnut w/ checkered Butt Plate
Forend: Checkered AA Fancy Turkish Walnut w/ Deeley Release
LOP: 14-5/8"
Weight: 6 pounds 11 ounces - 6 pounds 11.1 ounce loaded
Safety: Non-Automatic

Muzzle Energy: 90 ft/lbs
Recoil Energy: 1/10 ft/lbs

Regulation: 30 yards

Here are some pictures.

View attachment 448362View attachment 448363View attachment 448364View attachment 448365View attachment 448366View attachment 448367View attachment 448368View attachment 448369View attachment 448370View attachment 448371View attachment 448372View attachment 448373View attachment 448374View attachment 448375View attachment 448376View attachment 448377

Regulation was tested with 3 kinds of Factory Ammo. Future hand-loads are sure to improve performance.

View attachment 448360

Never before has the World seen a center-fire Double Rifle in such a diminutive caliber as the 25acp. As a side note, this is a true ONE-OF-KIND. Once all the WISCONSIN KILLER RABBITS have been eradicated, I'm sure to have a lot of fun shooting this one along side my 700NE. Its great to have the BIGGEST and the SMALLEST Double Rifle in my collection. I now have a Double Rifle in a really big center-fire caliber, and one in a really small center-fire caliber. So, now I'm ready for anything on the planet.

View attachment 448361

Comparing the ballistics of these two extreme double rifles shows following:

Weight:
700NE = 18 lbs 10 oz
25acp = 6 lbs 11 oz

Bullet Weight:
700NE = 1000 gr
25acp = 50 gr

Bullet Velocity:
700NE = 2000 ft/sec
25acp = 890 ft/sec

Recoil Energy:
700NE = 150 ft/lb
25acp = 1/10 ft/lb

Muzzle Energy:
700NE = 8,900 ft/lbs
25acp = 90 ft/lbs

By the Way ...... The rifle performed flawlessly ..

View attachment 448378

@buckstix
@Skinnersblade is or was in the process of having a bespoke double that would provide more than enough power for those mutations. It's built on a 410 shotgun frame and in the very potent 25-20 caliber. He could load it with my favorite load of 3.4gn yes that's right 3.4gn of trail boss behind an 86gn cast for 1,000fps.

Personally for game like that I prefer something with 100 balls that really f#@#s mutant bunnies.
A 12 gauge short barrel shotgun designed for those urban combat situations.
Bob

There is something incredibly likeable in these small calibre doubles. Just not possible to have negative feelings towards them. Congrats with the build and the purchase @buckstix ! She is looking great!

Several years ago I was in CP Donnelly's shop. He was making a long 25 ACP barrel for an un-named customer. CP said the customer was interested in seeing just how much velocity he could get out of the little cartridge. I wonder if that customer had anything to do with the above rifle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg