A Rather Ridiculous Want To Buy: Anyone Have 30-06 Dies & Brass?

rookhawk

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
Shocking as it might be, I went through my dies, shell holders, and brass. Struck out on all 3 for 30-06 caliber. My youngest son got a Ferlach ‘06 for his birthday last year and we wanted to load him up some mild recoil deer loads. It’s his money and he’s on a budget, so I thought I’d ask here if anyone has anything lightly used?

Got a bunch of once fired 06 brass how much you need
17095072262048868855650135352373.jpg

Shocking as it might be, I went through my dies, shell holders, and brass. Struck out on all 3 for 30-06 caliber. My youngest son got a Ferlach ‘06 for his birthday last year and we wanted to load him up some mild recoil deer loads. It’s his money and he’s on a budget, so I thought I’d ask here if anyone has anything lightly used?
I have everything you should need, including primers; except for projectiles.

I’m sure we can figure out something.

John

This is why I love this forum, and the wonderful members.

Thank you all for the awesome response! @davidg8480 for the remarkable generosity of brass and bullets, and @375 Ruger Fan for a very fair price on a set of Lee dies. We should be set in no time at all!

We found a starting load using 130gr SPs and RL-15 that purports to be the most accurate load in that particular manual. Outputs only 14lbs of felt recoil, should be perfect for an 11 year old to kill his first rifle whitetail this coming Fall!

What is left that you need? I have a bit of 06 stuff.

I think we're good with the minimum viable at present. A factory crimp die would be nice, and so would some affordable 130-135gr softpoint hunting bullets if they could be sourced. Oh, and a shellholder.

@rookhawk a factory crimp die is included in the set of Lee dies. Also, a shell holder. Those two extras make Lee dies a very good value.

I think we're good with the minimum viable at present. A factory crimp die would be nice, and so would some affordable 130-135gr softpoint hunting bullets if they could be sourced. Oh, and a shellholder.
Why do you want so light of a bullet?

I'm in kinda the same spot since I've decided to give that supergrade 3006 m70 I released I don't have any dies or bullets, I've had probably 10 die sets over the years for 3006 but usually give them way and forgot to keep a set lol. Same for bullets I've got some 30 cal but there all 30-30 type.

Think I have some once fired rem 3006 brass if your boy needs them, think there's 50-70 if I remember.

Rookhawk, shocking as it might be I have 06 brass out the wazoo. How much would you need? I may also have an extra set of dies?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KrystynaWh

Latest profile posts

sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!
swashington wrote on 112Savage's profile.
May be interested in that LH Ruger in 375R. got any pics?
We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!