A GIANT leap of faith

Damn straight! Lmao

What’s nice about Johnny is you know exactly where he stands and he won’t sugar coat anything. I like that, at the end of the day if he isn’t happy than I’m not happy.
I can remember as a client being disappointed so many times by an animal I was so proud of only to get it back and have look like crap. I’ve been there and it’s a shitty feeling, that’s what drives me to do my absolute best with every piece. I also have a passion for these animals and hunting that few people truly understand. I study these animals, literally, inside and out and everything about them.
I also want the details of how the hunt happened and what the circumstances were around it. This way I can assist in proper form selection and the overall look of the piece. Taxidermy is not “stuffing” dead animals, it is art and a living representation of an experience locked for ever in time.
When you look at a Taxidermy piece you should immediately be taken back to the time when you where there. Every detail of how the hunt went should flood into you. If your Taxidermy doesn’t do that for you then it’s time to get a new taxidermist.

tell it like it is gizz.

Looks like the permit from Limpopo will not be issued in time for the Christmas shut down. Ridiculous in my opinion it should take 4 months to be issued. I was hoping to get Erik cracking on the project. Guess we’ll see it in February.

You guys are freakin brutal. Lol

upload_2017-12-10_14-54-28.png

:A Surrender: :A Surrender: :A Surrender: :A Surrender: :A Surrender: :E Happy: :E Happy: :A Blowup: :A Blowup:

Looks like the permit from Limpopo will not be issued in time for the Christmas shut down. Ridiculous in my opinion it should take 4 months to be issued. I was hoping to get Erik cracking on the project. Guess we’ll see it in February.

It should, but it almost never does.... remind me @johnnyblues, who' doing your dip and pack and when was your hunt?

Last edited:
Apparently so.

am sure you will still have a great xmas.

TIA I guess.

TIA? I am an older guy not up on that slang stuff! lol

No worries. I guess I should have also added what TIA actually means.

Don’t be in a hurry.

If it can go wrong it probably will.

Expect the unexpected.

Roll with the punches, go with the flow, and it’s always best if you smile the whole time.

No worries. I guess I should have also added what TIA actually means.

Don’t be in a hurry.

If it can go wrong it probably will.

Expect the unexpected.

Roll with the punches, go with the flow, and it’s always best if you smile the whole time.
Bigger things on my mind now anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lepani

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!