AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
USA, ALASKA Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
As the title states I ve decided to give my latest safari to Erik better known as @gizmo of Top of Texas taxidermy. It's not that he was the cheapest, he was actually competitive with one of our sponsors here. I m giving it to him because I believe he will put his heart and soul into it. If you look at the work he is posting here you can see it. I ve never met him personally YET but I believe in him. He will be doing a buffalo pedestal, waterbuck pedestal, black wildebeest wall pedestal, bushbuck wall pedestal and a shoulder mount vallie for me.

I am sure once he receives it he will be posting in progress picture. Erik....Make me love them! ;)

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA Life Member, DSC Life Member, SCI Life Member, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Johnny I am so greatful for the opportunity you have given me. When I am finished it will, without a doubt, be the most loved Taxidermy you have.
I will absolutely be keeping you in the loop with every step and would be glad to post the progress pictures with your permission.

johnnyblues

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
Absolutely my brother.

johnnyblues

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
Mike, me put pressure on him? As anal as Iam about taxidermy quality and turnover time?? NAH!! Lol.

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA Life Member, DSC Life Member, SCI Life Member, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
I work best under pressure anyway, I’m about to rock some Taxidermy. Can’t wait to get my hands on it.

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Hunted
What’s nice about Johnny is you know exactly where he stands and he won’t sugar coat anything. I like that, at the end of the day if he isn’t happy than I’m not happy.
I can remember as a client being disappointed so many times by an animal I was so proud of only to get it back and have look like crap. I’ve been there and it’s a shitty feeling, that’s what drives me to do my absolute best with every piece. I also have a passion for these animals and hunting that few people truly understand. I study these animals, literally, inside and out and everything about them.
I also want the details of how the hunt happened and what the circumstances were around it. This way I can assist in proper form selection and the overall look of the piece. Taxidermy is not “stuffing” dead animals, it is art and a living representation of an experience locked for ever in time.
When you look at a Taxidermy piece you should immediately be taken back to the time when you where there. Every detail of how the hunt went should flood into you. If your Taxidermy doesn’t do that for you then it’s time to get a new taxidermist.

Ragman

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Canada(Sask./B.C.), Namibia, RSA(Eastern Cape) USA(Texas)
I believe he will put his heart and soul into it. I ve never met him personally YET but I believe in him.

I have had the pleasure of spending a few days with him, and I guarantee he will put his heart and soul into it. That's just the kind of dude he is. I can't wait to follow this as the mounts progress. Get busy Erik!

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Hunted
I have had the pleasure of spending a few days with him, and I guarantee he will put his heart and soul into it. That's just the kind of dude he is. I can't wait to follow this as the mounts progress. Get busy Erik!
Thank you Aaron, we are impatiently waiting on the final few permits to be obtained.

johnnyblues

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
What’s nice about Johnny is you know exactly where he stands and he won’t sugar coat anything. I like that, at the end of the day if he isn’t happy than I’m not happy.
I can remember as a client being disappointed so many times by an animal I was so proud of only to get it back and have look like crap. I’ve been there and it’s a shitty feeling, that’s what drives me to do my absolute best with every piece. I also have a passion for these animals and hunting that few people truly understand. I study these animals, literally, inside and out and everything about them.
I also want the details of how the hunt happened and what the circumstances were around it. This way I can assist in proper form selection and the overall look of the piece. Taxidermy is not “stuffing” dead animals, it is art and a living representation of an experience locked for ever in time.
When you look at a Taxidermy piece you should immediately be taken back to the time when you where there. Every detail of how the hunt went should flood into you. If your Taxidermy doesn’t do that for you then it’s time to get a new taxidermist.
See why I placed my trust in him.

Bullthrower338

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, Huntin' Fool, DSC and Pope and Young Club
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Canada, RSA, Australia NT, Zimbabwe
Hey gizmo,
Want a picture of my TX Dall for inspiration? LMFAO
I have no doubt Erik will kill it! I was going to bring him my sons elk but I obviously sucked at elk hunting that week!
Looking forward to this thread!
Cheers,
Cody

johnnyblues

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
You guys are freakin brutal. Lol

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Good stuff! Gizmo's stuff has been looking good every time he posts his work!

johnnyblues

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
Good stuff! Gizmo's stuff has been looking good every time he posts his work!
In my opinion getting better all the time... I have complete faith in him! I think! Just kidding. lol

johnnyblues

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
This should be fun....I may not have any nails for a few months though. LMAO

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
No pressure ha !

The whole forum just waiting to see the results !

But we believe in Erik (y)

johnnyblues

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
Man talk about putting a guy under the gun...You asked for it bro! LOL

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Hunted
Man talk about putting a guy under the gun...You asked for it bro! LOL
I'm not scared in the least and with this particular set of animals there is only one person I have to worry about anyway and thats you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JarredFogg

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh