Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
USA, Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
As the title states I ve decided to give my latest safari to Erik better known as @gizmo of Top of Texas taxidermy. It's not that he was the cheapest, he was actually competitive with one of our sponsors here. I m giving it to him because I believe he will put his heart and soul into it. If you look at the work he is posting here you can see it. I ve never met him personally YET but I believe in him. He will be doing a buffalo pedestal, waterbuck pedestal, black wildebeest wall pedestal, bushbuck wall pedestal and a shoulder mount vallie for me.

I am sure once he receives it he will be posting in progress picture. Erik....Make me love them! ;)

Johnny I am so greatful for the opportunity you have given me. When I am finished it will, without a doubt, be the most loved Taxidermy you have.
I will absolutely be keeping you in the loop with every step and would be glad to post the progress pictures with your permission.

Absolutely my brother.

Mike, me put pressure on him? As anal as Iam about taxidermy quality and turnover time?? NAH!! Lol.

I work best under pressure anyway, I’m about to rock some Taxidermy. Can’t wait to get my hands on it.

What’s nice about Johnny is you know exactly where he stands and he won’t sugar coat anything. I like that, at the end of the day if he isn’t happy than I’m not happy.
I can remember as a client being disappointed so many times by an animal I was so proud of only to get it back and have look like crap. I’ve been there and it’s a shitty feeling, that’s what drives me to do my absolute best with every piece. I also have a passion for these animals and hunting that few people truly understand. I study these animals, literally, inside and out and everything about them.
I also want the details of how the hunt happened and what the circumstances were around it. This way I can assist in proper form selection and the overall look of the piece. Taxidermy is not “stuffing” dead animals, it is art and a living representation of an experience locked for ever in time.
When you look at a Taxidermy piece you should immediately be taken back to the time when you where there. Every detail of how the hunt went should flood into you. If your Taxidermy doesn’t do that for you then it’s time to get a new taxidermist.

I believe he will put his heart and soul into it. I ve never met him personally YET but I believe in him.

I have had the pleasure of spending a few days with him, and I guarantee he will put his heart and soul into it. That's just the kind of dude he is. I can't wait to follow this as the mounts progress. Get busy Erik!

I have had the pleasure of spending a few days with him, and I guarantee he will put his heart and soul into it. That's just the kind of dude he is. I can't wait to follow this as the mounts progress. Get busy Erik!
Thank you Aaron, we are impatiently waiting on the final few permits to be obtained.

What’s nice about Johnny is you know exactly where he stands and he won’t sugar coat anything. I like that, at the end of the day if he isn’t happy than I’m not happy.
I can remember as a client being disappointed so many times by an animal I was so proud of only to get it back and have look like crap. I’ve been there and it’s a shitty feeling, that’s what drives me to do my absolute best with every piece. I also have a passion for these animals and hunting that few people truly understand. I study these animals, literally, inside and out and everything about them.
I also want the details of how the hunt happened and what the circumstances were around it. This way I can assist in proper form selection and the overall look of the piece. Taxidermy is not “stuffing” dead animals, it is art and a living representation of an experience locked for ever in time.
When you look at a Taxidermy piece you should immediately be taken back to the time when you where there. Every detail of how the hunt went should flood into you. If your Taxidermy doesn’t do that for you then it’s time to get a new taxidermist.
See why I placed my trust in him.

Hey gizmo,
Want a picture of my TX Dall for inspiration? LMFAO
I have no doubt Erik will kill it! I was going to bring him my sons elk but I obviously sucked at elk hunting that week!
Looking forward to this thread!
Cheers,
Cody

You guys are freakin brutal. Lol

Good stuff! Gizmo's stuff has been looking good every time he posts his work!

Good stuff! Gizmo's stuff has been looking good every time he posts his work!
In my opinion getting better all the time... I have complete faith in him! I think! Just kidding. lol

This should be fun....I may not have any nails for a few months though. LMAO

No pressure ha !

The whole forum just waiting to see the results !

But we believe in Erik (y)

Man talk about putting a guy under the gun...You asked for it bro! LOL

Man talk about putting a guy under the gun...You asked for it bro! LOL
I'm not scared in the least and with this particular set of animals there is only one person I have to worry about anyway and thats you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeannaDost

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg