9.3x64 casing from belted magnum

Vashper

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
All-army military hunting society, Russian Union of hunters and fishermen.
Hunted
Only Russia
how to remove the belt from magnum casings. The main problem of the 9.3x64 cartridge reloading is the shortage of brasses. The problem is solved by remaking magnum casings, especially 358WinMag. But what to do with the belt? Is it necessary to use a lathe machine?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 2.58.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 2.58.51 PM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 48
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 2.58.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 2.58.52 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 46
There is a thread here somewhere where some of our friends from RSA were making .404 Jeffery cases using .375 H&H brass. It didn't sound feasible to me but they were able to carefully get the belt to "flow" by careful fire forming. It may not apply in this instance but it is worth looking at. I wish I could find that thread.

There is a thread here somewhere where some of our friends from RSA were making .404 Jeffery cases using .375 H&H brass. It didn't sound feasible to me but they were able to carefully get the belt to "flow" by careful fire forming. It may not apply in this instance but it is worth looking at. I wish I could find that thread.

how to remove the belt from magnum casings. The main problem of the 9.3x64 cartridge reloading is the shortage of brasses. The problem is solved by remaking magnum casings, especially 358WinMag. But what to do with the belt? Is it necessary to use a lathe machine?

It is necessary to use some form of machining. In the 1990's I knew someone who made his .416 Rigby cases from .378 Wby and .460 Wby cases by taking the belts off carefully with a file over the case being spun in an electric drill. This definitely had a do-it-yourself flair, but the result was actually not bad. It certainly worked...

This being said, a small lathe can be had nowadays for $460, so this is definitely the route I would go if I was committed to the 9.3x64 - which by the way is a great cartridge...

1643666543930.png

There’s a lot of that Russian 9.3x64 ammo around. And fairly inexpensive. Not sure if it’s reload-able though.

how to remove the belt from magnum casings. The main problem of the 9.3x64 cartridge reloading is the shortage of brasses. The problem is solved by remaking magnum casings, especially 338WinMag. But what to do with the belt? Is it necessary to use a lathe machine?
It is not worth the effort....

Cases are easily available from RWS, SHM and some others.

May be, just in the moment it is a problem to bring them to Russia, because 9,3x64 is a Russian sniper cartridge too.

Peace be with all of us....

HWL

Brenneke also make brass and ammo for the 9,3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReynaUrquh

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.