9.3x64 Brenneke

Killerangel

Reaction score
I'm new here, and would guess that this is not a new question. Does anyone know where I could purchase 9.3x64 Brenneke brass? Thank you.

Hi Killerangel. Use the search function by using "brenneke" and you will find some old posts about the 9,3 x 64 , as well as some advice about obtaining brass . I see in the one thread "Rookhawk" gave some information as to where one might obtain some brass .
Good luck with your search .
What rifle do you have and where are you located ?

If you live in the USA and you want some I can order it for you and send it to you. Wiederladen Alsey is my local reloading store. There is red tape on my end. So basically double the price add $100 for shipping. RWS is type I have available. Alsey bulk orders, so you don't get the box. It comes in 20 round bags.

Let me know if you are interested or not.

I have been burned a number of times on these deals, but I also own a 9.3x64 and it is a hard cat to feed.

You can also buy a form die from RCBS that uses 338 Winchester brass.

If you live in the USA and you want some I can order it for you and send it to you. Wiederladen Alsey is my local reloading store. There is red tape on my end. So basically double the price add $100 for shipping. RWS is type I have available. Alsey bulk orders, so you don't get the box. It comes in 20 round bags.

I have been burned a number of times on these deals, but I also own a 9.3x64 and it is a hard cat to feed.

Muskox
That is Top Drawer help!

I send you a message via "start a conversation". Thanks.

Attachments

• RWS Hülsen 9,3x64 50 Stück (Kaliber 9,3x64) - Hülsen - Wiederladen - Schießsport Online Shop |...pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 10
Hi Killerangel. Use the search function by using "brenneke" and you will find some old posts about the 9,3 x 64 , as well as some advice about obtaining brass . I see in the one thread "Rookhawk" gave some information as to where one might obtain some brass .
Good luck with your search .
What rifle do you have and where are you located ?
I am in the US. I am having a rifle built on a Mark X 30-06 donor rifle. Have not made up my mind on the 9.3 caliber I want, but if I can get enough 9.3x64 brass, I am strongly considering the Brenneke chambering. Thanks.

I think the CZ company chambers the 9x3.62. I am sure Murphy, Brown Bear or several of the other forum members could tell you if that could be rechambered to the 9x3.64. It is the case I have been interested in for along time. A friend of mine made one up from a early Mod. 70 "Classic" 30-06 and he owns another in a fancy Manlicher Schoner. I think it is a good one to neck up or down or leave as is. Have fun!

I am in the US. I am having a rifle built on a Mark X 30-06 donor rifle. Have not made up my mind on the 9.3 caliber I want, but if I can get enough 9.3x64 brass, I am strongly considering the Brenneke chambering. Thanks.

You will have to open the bolt face for a X64. I would stick with the X62, or even simpler the 35 Whelen which is the N American version of the X62.

I am the long term caretaker for a X64. I have some brass but not a surplus. It’s a fine cartridge, however I wouldn’t do it personally.

As attractive as the 64 is the availability of components is sketchy for the most part. The 9,3x62 is a better option especially with that action and easy conversion with a new barrel or re-bore. Components and loaded ammo are easy to source.

Except that he will not export it now.
I have about 250 pcs. of RWS brass new in 20 round boxes. I would sell most of it. I also have a slightly used chamber reamer. If you are interested in either or both PM me.

Except that he will not export it now.
I don't want to have a problem with the German Federal Police. I'd need an export permit. The drama on it is too much for me.

You should try the shops. The best is triebel.de

Reimer Johannsen is another big reloading shop.

Funny... I once asked the Zollamt if I needed anything to export hülsen. He looked at me like I had three heads, and then said "no". But US Customs wanted something saying they weren't regulated in the country of origin. So it's all so very confusing. Inert brass, no primer, powder, or projectile... and government agencies just lose their minds.

I used to get mine from Huntington but that shipped has sailed. Get up with @Glenn Slaven and see if he can persuade Quality cartridge to run a batch, I’d be a buyer of 500 or so to make up a run

I despise the German bureacracy as much as anyone else.

Katja Triebel exported 45 Blaser brass to the US for me 15 years ago. Ask her nice, and she might be able to do it for you.

When I am about 5 months out from PCSing. I am going to stock up on RWS esoteric brass and put it in my house hold goods shipment.

I just got here, isn't worth the drama right now.

Germany is a very different place in 2024 than it was in 2016 when I got here last time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keobongda247cc

Latest profile posts

Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]