9.3x62

Musgrave Model 98 in 9,3x62:
bought a nice full stock for it online. Sadly the guy who did the inletting said that the stock had not enough wood on the frontend. So he shortened the stock. Well, I can live with that. Topped with a Zeiss 3-9x36 on swing mounts. Will get it back on wednesday.
1000076684.jpg
 
Hi Kraut,

Very nice rifle!! I don´t like full stock rifles. This is, to me, much better! And this Zeiss scope+EAW mount is, to me, a perfect match to the rifle!
 
Could we please disagree and agree according to your kind answer, Sir?;)
A full stock rifle has it's own elegance and style.
But I like your kind words on the second best version which will be tested tomorrow at the range.
The rifle will travel to Sweden in August for roe deer hunting and in October for moose hunting. Later it will go to the gunsmith for barrel band swivels and sights. That will be "my" alterations, our daughter will be the next hunting caretaker of this piece of south african engineering.
 
Last edited:
Hi Kraut,

Yes, of course!! All these things have to do with tastes and preferences.
By the way, agree compleately with your "alterations"!!
 
Musgrave Model 98 in 9,3x62:
bought a nice full stock for it online. Sadly the guy who did the inletting said that the stock had not enough wood on the frontend. So he shortened the stock. Well, I can live with that. Topped with a Zeiss 3-9x36 on swing mounts. Will get it back on wednesday.View attachment 776697
Cool to see a Musgrave. I'd like to see more of them, but they seem to be rare.
 
I recently picked up a J.P. Sauer Model 100 rifle in 9.3x62. It has a synthetic stock. I’ll post pictures once I get a scope mounted. It will probably be mid next week before I do so. Kinda excited, as this is my 1st rifle in this chambering.

I knew I would pick up this caliber one day! For probably 2 years, I’ve had reloading dies, brass, bullets, and a few boxes of PPU ammo already.
 
I recently picked up a J.P. Sauer Model 100 rifle in 9.3x62. It has a synthetic stock. I’ll post pictures once I get a scope mounted. It will probably be mid next week before I do so. Kinda excited, as this is my 1st rifle in this chambering.

I knew I would pick up this caliber one day! For probably 2 years, I’ve had reloading dies, brass, bullets, and a few boxes of PPU ammo already.
Those PPU ammunitions are excellent. Dropped every game I have shot at and pretty darn accurate. Your Sauer will love them.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,291
Messages
1,571,880
Members
169,460
Latest member
TorstenCha
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top